Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two black men arrested at Starbucks settle with the City of Phila for $1 each

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two black men arrested at Starbucks settle with the City of Phila for $1 each

The two black men arrested in a Philadelphia Starbucks last month have reached a symbolic settlement of $1 each with the city and a promise from local officials to set up a $200,000 young entrepreneur program.

“I am pleased to have resolved the potential claims against the city in this productive manner,” Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney (D) said in outlining the agreement with the men's lawyer, The Associated Press reports.

“This was an incident that evoked a lot of pain in our city and put us under a national spotlight for unwanted reasons.”
    http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...hia-for-1-each

rotesters gathered outside the Philadelphia store after the incident, holding signs and chanting "Starbucks coffee is anti-black."
    I thought Starbucks always serves black coffee, milk/cream and sugar is usually in a small kiosk for self service..

Comment

While I detest the narrative they spun from this event, it is awesome to see them turn it into a positive for the city.

Comment

Their extortion skills suck.

Jesse Jackson would have got million$$$.

Comment

Why is the city paying for this? I.e. why am I paying for this?

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
            Liberals are pretty good at sucking government funds which tax payers money aka middle class

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
              If you don’t live in Philadelphia then you aren’t paying for anything.

At least they saved the city millions in court fees,lawyer fees, all the negative press etc.
              they even managed to turn it into a positive public relations opportunity for the authorities.
              Which is worth more than 200k and will quiet all the liberal down.

If anything this settlement is a no brainer for all involved.

Comment

Good for those guys, I’m glad they didn’t turn this into some huge protest/riot.

They did the right thing, embarrassed Starbucks, made their point, but didn’t try to exploit the situation for personal gain.

Hats off to them

Comment

I think this was a refreshing ending for this type of story.

Comment

Can't believe this **** was a big story 1st world problems

Comment

Working...
                    X