Collapse
No announcement yet.

How biased and pathetic is Showtime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, I don't really give a *** what these commentators say, HBO, SHO, PBC, FNF, Fox, etc. They have their own biases, which is normal.

Bottom line is you have your own eyes and brain. You can even re-watch it over and over again on you tube. People are liars when they contradict what is on video.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
      To be honest, I don't really give a *** what these commentators say, HBO, SHO, PBC, FNF, Fox, etc. They have their own biases, which is normal.

Bottom line is you have your own eyes and brain. You can even re-watch it over and over again on you tube. People are liars when they contradict what is on video.
      It's not about them swaying us or the public (at least in my case). It's that it's disgusting to listen to and ruins the experience. Sure we got the mute button but then we don't get to hear no punches or the commentator who's actually not being biased.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
        Before you dumb ****s get on the "Oh your an hbo fanboy" i honestly dont give a **** about the networks but look at how Showtime handles its Youtube channel. I would like to put the videos here but i cant embed but look at the comments from most of the morons that believe a single round wins you the fight lol I wouldnt be surprised if some if not all were some of the trolls on hereWith the bs, brainwashing propaganda that they upload instead of the whole fight they upload the round that makes the fighter they want to look good to ya know.....look good.

Exhibit A: Chavez Vs Whitiker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_QCTSCwxko

They make it seem like Chavez did a good job landing his hits (which he did) and make whittiker seem like he lost the fight. Notice how in that round they showed the one where he's pretty much shadow boxing and missing (which he did).

Exhibit B: Pacquiao vs Mayweather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w62Wvsxq0k

They show round 11 which is the ONLY round froid shows his dominance being the bigger guy and having every advantage against pacman. Yet he did nothing close to that throughout the whole fight.

Exhibit C: Mathysee vs Garcia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX7c1hygFzA

A close fight between two top guys in the division at the time where Garcia got the decision over him. Garcia clearly dominated the whole fight according to the single round. Also he busted up Mathysee's eye......which was proved later that was caused by a sholder (which is a classic philly fighter move).

I got alot more but thats all i want to put up. What do you guys think? I think its hilarious that they only put up rounds instead of full fights. But then again uncla al da main.

You're earnestly crying about one round of fights being shown? seriously?

Comment

HBO is still worst. Can't even listen to them do a broadcast anymore. Max just sucks d1ck. Lampley tries to tell u what you're seeing and how to process it and Roy just goes for the black fighter. He's the best they got but only when there's no black fighter involved vs another fighter of a different nationality.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            It's not about them swaying us or the public (at least in my case). It's that it's disgusting to listen to and ruins the experience. Sure we got the mute button but then we don't get to hear no punches or the commentator who's actually not being biased.
            At the end of the day it's the judges that determine the outcome. Most times it doesn't even tally with the commentators' assessment of the fight. What they say is pretty much useless. Unless there's an established connivance between them and the judges.

That's why I never get this preoccupation with commentators. (People are loud in this household. It's like watching it at ringside. Personally, my eyes are more focused than my ears.)

Comment

It's showtime so nobody saw the videos anyway lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                HBO is still worst. Can't even listen to them do a broadcast anymore. Max just sucks d1ck. Lampley tries to tell u what you're seeing and how to process it and Roy just goes for the black fighter. He's the best they got but only when there's no black fighter involved vs another fighter of a different nationality.
                Um Roy was going for Loma in that fight against Walters. You maybe thinking of when Hopkins commentates, Roy tells it like it is in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Um Roy was going for Loma in that fight against Walters. You maybe thinking of when Hopkins commentates, Roy tells it like it is in my opinion
                  Roy isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Yes, he roots for the 'black fighter' at times but I dont think it's actually race driven as some people insinuate.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    Nah, I'm talking about Roy bro. He's always bias imo when the fight features a black fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X