No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO is Leaving Boxing After 45 Years, Network Announces

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    You don't think there is isn't just gonna be a DAZN vs ESPN vs Showtime/FOX thing going on now?

It'd be cool if you were right, but idk that Spence will be on DAZN or ESPN anytime soon or Bud or Loma will be on Showtime/FOX or DAZN anytime soon or Joshua will be on Showtime/FOX or ESPN anytime soon. Everyone is still gonna guard their best fighters being on other platforms I tend to believe.
    Good points, but I think it'll be a DAZN vs ESPN thing (which ESPN wins).

Those guys will be bidding for fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Will always remember the beginning of BAD with Barrera-McKinney , the Gatti fights, being excited for months about Mayweather-Manfready and the heavyweight slugfest between Ibaebuchi and Tua and so much more.

I choose to remember that HBO, and they were gone for a long time so it was painful to me to see them where they were. So part of me is glad but still very sad to see them go they truly did build stars one round at a time.
      Fond memories for sure... shoot I remember Floyd fighting on the afternoon KO Nation broadcasts - come to think of it
      I think the first time I saw Mayorga (vs Six Heads Lewis) was on one of those afternoon broadcasts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
        All these pbc fanboys celebrating. True fans know this is a sad moment
        So, that's your whole thing?

You're gonna act like you weren't on here, jumping for joy, when NBC and ESPN and SpikeTV all let their deals go and folks were on here, happy for the death of PBC? gtfoh

Comment

• What a tragedy.

Comment

• Farewell and bye HBO! You no good pieces of shit!

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
              I wouldn't be surprised if Max Kellerman starts doing analysis for Top Rank now. He already works for ESPN.
              If anything good comes from this, it will be that we never see max commentating on a fight again.

Comment

• daaaaaamn. Yo, say what u want about hbo and jim lampley/max kellerman, etc. but they did give us some good entertainment over the years dude don't act like y'all ain't gonna miss them

Was a good run, kinda went a lil downhill toward the end but I grew up watching, thanks fot the memories.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                  Quit hating fool! Oscar will negotiate a new deal with a different network for all his fighters!
                  I know that it eats at you that a Mexican is succeeding while you're still a loser living in your momma's basement but you should know that hating doesn't get you anywhere.
                  Now run along boy and stop being a loser your whole life!
                  Haymon controls Showtime/CBS and FOX/FS1 and he's not messing with Oscar's unreliable ass, and Bob Arum controls ESPN and we know how that relationship has been too. It's unclear what Eddie Hearn and Oscar's relationship is, but I doubt that Hearn let's Oscar get anywhere near running his own shows on DAZN with his own billion dollar deal not yet secure.

Ignore the reality all you want, but Oscar is ****ed.

Hand the keys over to Eric Gomez to run, go back to simply being the figurehead who hopefully more quietly goes on his benders, and hope against hope that Espinoza or someone has fond enough memories of Gomez to actually pick up the call, lol.

Beyond that, if you honestly want to weigh out pockets, let's weigh out pockets, fool.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    If anything good comes from this, it will be that we never see max commentating on a fight again.
                    I agree. I find his commenting more than a little annoying. He is nothing more than a fanboy turned fight fan/boxing analyst.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      I agree. I find his commenting more than a little annoying. He is nothing more than a fanboy turned fight fan/boxing analyst.
                      I have a feeling that he knew HBO was stepping out of boxing, and thats why he went into full fangirl annoying max mode in the GGG vs Canelo 2 broadcast.

Comment

Working...
                      X