Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Manager Confirms Negotiations For Tyson Fury Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy to get a fight deal done when both Boxers actually want to fight

Comment

• Originally posted by saintpat View Post
      You can’t talk PPV numbers when the UK price is about the same as a decent lunch in the U.S. If PPVs were $20 in the U.S., they would get more buys but not as much revenue.

And Wilder vs. AJ even in the UK would sell more PPVs than AJ vs. Povetkin, which you well know.
      So many more Americans would buy PPV's for boxing if they were cheaper? Where are all these many more American fans coming from? They don't seem to turn up when boxing is on basic cable?

Comment

• Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
        Fury's the one who asked for the fight, and it'll probably be career-high paydays for both fighters, and a chance for Wilder to become lineal champion. Is he supposed to say no? And fight Breazeale? So you clowns can keep saying, "he only makes 2 mil a fight, and hasn't fought anybody. He should take what Hearn gives him."
        well, fury asked joshua for a fight too... called him out many times. you know what joshua said, as a real champion should? "get back in shape, get yourself together, then get in touch." no games, no trying to take advantage.

funny enough, i have given wilders team credit for making the move. i may disagree, and i definitely think if you looked at the whole heavyweight boxing landscape logically, this move is a duck/path of least resistance move from wilder.

its a really bad boxing purist move, but it's a great political move when all is said and done. but of course as a wilder fanboy, you have to go spouting off hate against joshua even when someone is giving wilder credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
          Fury's the one who asked for the fight, and it'll probably be career-high paydays for both fighters, and a chance for Wilder to become lineal champion. Is he supposed to say no? And fight Breazeale? So you clowns can keep saying, "he only makes 2 mil a fight, and hasn't fought anybody. He should take what Hearn gives him."
          Sounds bout right bud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            What did you win??

I’m Quite surprised at your last post you don’t usually get riled or at least openly tell a person you are tired of him putting down Americans.How can 2 sets of fans be so mad with each other for both their respective charges not fighting. Is it really that important?
            I won the Debate. I usually don’t get mad as I know people on this say silly stuff all the time. I got caught up in all his other post on here to everyone else . It is kinda weird though that he is saying fury has no chance but if it was fury vs AJ he would be singing a different tune. I told him to at least wait til they fight and wilder knocks him out within 7 to say I told so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
              If it was Fury at his best, then that makes sense. But trying to get him in the ring at his worst is down right pathetic. Wilder should go in another direction if he wants a credible opponent. Fury isn't close to being that.
              If Wilder beats a mediocre Fury or a totally on point Fury - he's got him 1st! Hearn & Joshua WANTED a now flabby ped free PEDvetkin and wouldve gone after Fury NEXT for that huge UK payday, Wilder is learning to be no different at siezing "opportunities" at outwitting Team-Hearn AND the UK public for his legit shot at fighting AJ.....Wilder wants to unify and has to now play chess against a disrespectful crafty greedy Hearn - to capture his king...

"Pathetic" is Hearn & Joshua. Never in the HISTORY of boxing has such a pathetic offer been offered to another qualified champ under the guise "B-side"! Another GREAT champion in Lennox has expressed not understanding Joshuas CHICKEN actions.....but you can....What a fan!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
                Easy to get a fight deal done when both Boxers actually want to fight
                True indeed!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                  So Buster Douglas is better than Tyson? Raheem is better than Morales? Young is better than Foreman? Norton is better than Ali?

Have a word with yourself. Wlad has a much higher value in history than Fury does even if he did beat him.
                  Head-to-head and historical accomplishments are two different things. Douglas is better than Tyson head-to-head, but Tyson is greater all-time due to his other in-ring accomplishments.

Either way, I don't know why you're slurping off Joshua. His best win came against a semi-retired 41-year old coming off a loss to Tyson Fury and 17 months of inactivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
                    If Wilder beats a mediocre Fury or a totally on point Fury - he's got him 1st! Hearn & Joshua WANTED a now flabby ped free PEDvetkin and wouldve gone after Fury NEXT for that huge UK payday, Wilder is learning to be no different at siezing "opportunities" at outwitting Team-Hearn AND the UK public for his legit shot at fighting AJ.....Wilder wants to unify and has to now play chess against a disrespectful crafty greedy Hearn - to capture his king...

"Pathetic" is Hearn & Joshua. Never in the HISTORY of boxing has such a pathetic offer been offered to another qualified champ under the guise "B-side"! Another GREAT champion in Lennox has expressed not understanding Joshuas CHICKEN actions.....but you can....What a fan!!!!
                    This right SHOULD about wrap it up folks! Well said.

Comment

• Wlad fought very well in that fight and nearly won, he wasn't spent by any means.

Povetkin is the third best heavyweight in the division but if this fight gets made, winner is #1 in the division for me. Personally can't really stand Wilder. As a guy he seems cool, but he's just awful to watch, horrible technique. This fight is far too soon for Fury.

Comment

Working...
                      X