Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I Want 'Some Time' Thurman - He Keeps Making Excuses!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand...why Thurman needs to push the fight to 2019

I understand a tuneup is needed...but at the end of the year...Spence-Thurman needs to happen.

Comment

Spence-Thurman doesn't need to be marinaded

They hold titles. They need to unify.

I'm worried with Thurmans remark... "Be patient"...

If Thurman really wanted the fight.. he's say... tuneup and then let's do it end of 2018 if we both win our next fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
        Spence-Thurman doesn't need to be marinaded

They hold titles. They need to unify.

I'm worried with Thurmans remark... "Be patient"...

If Thurman really wanted the fight.. he's say... tuneup and then let's do it end of 2018 if we both win our next fights.
        Agreed the fight isn't going to get any bigger over time unless one of them somehow lands a super fight and becomes a bigger name and I can't see that happening. Pac is fighting Loma and no matter what Spence says he ain't facing Canelo any time soon.

So no need for this fight to be delayed, warm up for Thurman then get it on.

Comment

The New WW Divison

Spence & Bud Crawford will dominate the WW as long as they stay in it. Real fighters with a future trilogy bout scenario between these two. Fan friendly to watch, way above Floyd and with much more CLASS!!

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
            Just like Floyd, Thurman will go where the money makes sense. Spence is a good fighter and he beat a guy he should beat and that's great but it just doesn't pay the bills. If Thurman takes the fight in 2018 he's a dummy and gives up any shot at Floyd type pay.

Thurman needs to just stay with the Floyd road map.

Spence needs to fight someone in the top 5 in their prime, preferably with a name, one maybe two, and show he can draw.
            Once again you're talking nonsense. Spence just put over 12k people in Barclays center last night fighting Lamont. That's one of the best attendance numbers there in the last two years. (For comparison, the most Crawford has ever sold in Omaha is 12k) Keith has never sold over 12k tickets without Danny or Shawn. So again, this "popularity" argument you're making is not based on reality. None of these guys are making PVP money. Again all their purses are between $1 million- $2 million. Spence made $1.2 million last night. All of these guys are on the same level in terms of following right now.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
              Sure hope Spence doesn’t waste 2018 waiting on a Thurman fight. He should go ahead and make the move to 54. Obviously, he’s not gonna fight Jermell Charlo. But maybe he could get one of the other beltholders. Lara is the biggest scalp in that division and would be a major statement of Spence. Either way, there’s nothing at 47 worth waiting around for Thurman. He should go ahead and make the move up. And whenever Thurman is ready, they can fight at 54.

Keith, is that you
              Truth is, he should put this fight off until 154, he'll be able to absorb more punishment, which gives him more of a chance and this fight will make more money for everyone, this is PRIZE fighting

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
                Keith, is that you
                Truth is, he should put this fight off until 154, he'll be able to absorb more punishment, which gives him more of a chance and this fight will make more money for everyone, this is PRIZE fighting
                Keith isn't going anywhere near 154 with Charlo, Hurd, and Lara there lol gotta wait them out. Then Shawn and Keith will move up (but Charlo might not move with his bro at 160). Both fought above 147 (165 and 152) as amatuers. Just shortish guys. I think they'll stay at 47 for a minute. Keith has a video talking about being content with being the "2nd best WW" in the world lol check it out...https://youtu.be/VtYDwPj0spg

Comment

Call it what it is.......
                  Spence has been calling out Keith, since he was 15-0,
                  Keith said he needs to beat someone (brook)
                  then its my elbow hurts, and I need a tune up
                  then a mandatory, then porter....
                  now its leave me alone.....LOL
                  Thurman is Johnny Ringo,
                  Spence is Doc Holiday
                  One person really wants the fight, the other one is Thurman.

Comment

Blame Bobfather for these fights not happening doe.

Comment

"I have never seen a champion (Thurman) pursue a mandatory with a guy he already beat (Porter)."

Lol s/o to the guy on YouTube who wrote that

Comment

Working...
                      X