No announcement yet.

Next Year's "Green Book"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Year's "Green Book"

I just saw the new movie, The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind. This will be a leading contender for the Academy Awards next year I predict, unless Netflix flicks are disallowed.

It was a good movie, based on the true story of a Malawian boy who saves his impoverished village by learning from a library book how to build a windmill to generate electricity to get water to irrigate crops.

He went on to intn'l acclaim and a US college degree. He's spoken at TED which is real PTB connected...

How much they changed it I don't know, but that's what Hollywood, etc does.

I had predicted here that Green Book would win Best Picture. Whether it was deserved or accurate are other matters.
    I followed up. The family still says much of the movie is untrue. The producers etc still say that Dr Shirley told them things he never told the family. From reading both accounts and knowing what Hollywood etc does, I'm inclined to think that the family is closer to the truth.

Anyway The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind some might find a bit long, but ultimately is a feel good, triumph over adversity type of movie and was good. No "white saviors" in this one.

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
    I just saw the new movie, The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind. This will be a leading contender for the Academy Awards next year I predict, unless Netflix flicks are disallowed.

It was a good movie, based on the true story of a Malawian boy who saves his impoverished village by learning from a library book how to build a windmill to generate electricity to get water to irrigate crops.

He went on to intn'l acclaim and a US college degree. He's spoken at TED which is real PTB connected...

How much they changed it I don't know, but that's what Hollywood, etc does.

I had predicted here that Green Book would win Best Picture. Whether it was deserved or accurate are other matters.
    I followed up. The family still says much of the movie is untrue. The producers etc still say that Dr Shirley told them things he never told the family. From reading both accounts and knowing what Hollywood etc does, I'm inclined to think that the family is closer to the truth.

Anyway The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind some might find a bit long, but ultimately is a feel good, triumph over adversity type of movie and was good. No "white saviors" in this one.

7.5 but it will be a leading contender for an Oscar. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      7.5 but it will be a leading contender for an Oscar. Why?
      Not likely there'll be 4 others as good or better.
      I know one that is scheduled out in a week. But 4 others I doubt.

Comment

Working...
      X