Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Hip Hop Forum

Old 12-01-2005, 09:19 AM #1
I to your mom..

Quoted: 263 Post(s)
jack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,132.80
Total Points: 49,037.50
thanks for helping me dig it - boxing_prospect a bribe to red k wlad owns and to tell him it's from i am ike. lol - i am ike since you feel ill , player. an apple a day keep the doctor away. - i am ike here swallow all these pills and it'll help you throw up. - i am ike please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 
One of boxingscene's best - BostonGuy For the new boxingscene millionaire... Oh i forgot hook me some of your good K mate.... - FasTHarD Best Poster On Boxingscene! - Dorian THE GOAT - RJJ The Truth To a fellow dark mind. - Mizzou 
to the most sick minded individual to ever step foot in BoxingScene...we await your return jackula...mwahahahaa - BritishBoxing92 Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! in lui of green - jazluvr 
Arrow Opinions..

Why is it that old hip hop fans pay so much attention to lyrics and sometimes don't pay that much attention to style & flow and why is that new hip hop fans pay so much attention to style & flow and not enough attention to lyrics?

Nowadays unique style & flow will get you alot further than some raw rhymes, in my opinion anyways.
jack_the_rippuh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:43 PM #2
I love penis, Amigo.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 21,499.00
Have a burger you Fat Yank fuck - !! Anorak 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 

Because if it was based on style and flow, 50 Cent and Twista would be considered top dogs in the game. When in reality, 50's already recycling his rhymes after dropping only 2 albums, and Twista sold the **** out. Style and flow gets you on 106th and park, having dope lyrics and something to say, gets my $12.99.
MetalVomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:19 PM #3
I to your mom..

jack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond reputejack_the_rippuh has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for helping me dig it - boxing_prospect a bribe to red k wlad owns and to tell him it's from i am ike. lol - i am ike since you feel ill , player. an apple a day keep the doctor away. - i am ike here swallow all these pills and it'll help you throw up. - i am ike please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua 
One of boxingscene's best - BostonGuy For the new boxingscene millionaire... Oh i forgot hook me some of your good K mate.... - FasTHarD Best Poster On Boxingscene! - Dorian THE GOAT - RJJ The Truth To a fellow dark mind. - Mizzou 
to the most sick minded individual to ever step foot in BoxingScene...we await your return jackula...mwahahahaa - BritishBoxing92 Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! in lui of green - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzHand
Because if it was based on style and flow, 50 Cent and Twista would be considered top dogs in the game. When in reality, 50's already recycling his rhymes after dropping only 2 albums, and Twista sold the **** out. Style and flow gets you on 106th and park, having dope lyrics and something to say, gets my $12.99.
Lol.
But that's the thing it matters who you want to appeal to as a rapper.
There aren't many critical listeners out there and alot of people will just listen to something if it sounds good and has a nice beat.
Don't get me wrong. I like raw lyrics better than flow, but I also like listening to someone with average lyrics and great flow.

It's like you can't please everybody, but you must try to please the majority...well if you want sales anyway.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:59 PM #4
King of Limey Lounge

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
boxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 9,106.17

flow and charisma makes the money if on a good beat with a hook

then if you wanna make a good track you can afford to and it will sell because of your fan base

i change depending on my mood but often lyrics are important to me as i listen more than a lot of people over here.

lots of people just say "oh yeah tupacs the best he speaks the truth" when they cannot really relate to him anyway

i also need to agree with the artist...talib kweli is skilled but i dislike the racist fool
boxstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:01 PM #5
I to your mom..

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxstarr
flow and charisma makes the money if on a good beat with a hook

then if you wanna make a good track you can afford to and it will sell because of your fan base

i change depending on my mood but often lyrics are important to me as i listen more than a lot of people over here.

lots of people just say "oh yeah tupacs the best he speaks the truth" when they cannot really relate to him anyway

i also need to agree with the artist...talib kweli is skilled but i dislike the racist fool
Lol.
I didn't know he was racist.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:03 PM #6
King of Limey Lounge

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
boxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond reputeboxstarr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 9,106.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_rippuh
Lol.
I didn't know he was racist.

yeah hes a black power man and it annoyed me (and my black mates too) when he was talking on taliban mixtape of needing guns to keep whites outta the home
boxstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:20 PM #7
I love penis, Amigo.

MetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 21,499.00
Have a burger you Fat Yank fuck - !! Anorak 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_rippuh
Lol.
But that's the thing it matters who you want to appeal to as a rapper.
There aren't many critical listeners out there and alot of people will just listen to something if it sounds good and has a nice beat.
Don't get me wrong. I like raw lyrics better than flow, but I also like listening to someone with average lyrics and great flow.

It's like you can't please everybody, but you must try to please the majority...well if you want sales anyway.

True, you can't please everyone, but like the examples I used earlier, 50 and Twista, they've got charisma, but they use it to for the purpose of moving units, not making good music. Yes, you can move units and make good music at the same time, but most of the ones with average lyrics, but a good flow and hot beats, only care about that next paycheck, and NOT the culture, or the art of the music. Best believe, whatever's popular with 15 year old girls, that's what 99% of mainstream "hip hop" artists are going to reproduce and recycel. Ras Kass said it well : "cuz tomorrow if the next trend was Hip Hop ****, you'd by finding a lot of these rap n***** in drag, believe that".That's my take on it.
MetalVomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:51 PM #8
Banned

SugaShane has a reputation beyond reputeSugaShane has a reputation beyond reputeSugaShane has a reputation beyond reputeSugaShane has a reputation beyond reputeSugaShane has a reputation beyond reputeSugaShane has a reputation beyond reputeSugaShane has a reputation beyond reputeSugaShane has a reputation beyond reputeSugaShane has a reputation beyond reputeSugaShane has a reputation beyond reputeSugaShane has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 775.00

I disagree when you said that 50 Cent had good flow...personally the only good thing about his style/flow is his hooks which are catchy but when you get down to it PRETTY DAMN LAME..example: "I'm a Bonafide Hustla ***** get outta line I'll cut ya ME I'm bout my paper it's **** You if you play games of mine I will catch you from behind wit my 9 I'm a Bonafide Hustler"...nothing skillful about that and his voice pisses the hell outta me BUT I will give him some slack, he did get shot in the mouth and all.
SugaShane is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List