Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is HBO going to do about getting Ward another opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG? 168lbs?

Comment

Kim said Alexander Brand (Ward's opponent from the Canelo/Cotto card), is being considered. It's a garbage fight, but Ward's been so inactive who cares. As mentioned, this probably won't help sell anymore ppv's for Ward/Kovalev (nor will Kovalev/Chilemba for that matter). That fight will probably bomb at both the gate and ppv, which is ****ed up given its magnitude.

Comment

HBO is not Ward's promoter.

Comment

I swear to god I don't know how people on this website function in real life. How do you they even have a license? How do they maintain a job? Do they know how to use a ****ing microwave?

HBO isn't Dre's promoter.

Comment

hbo doesn't have to do a damn thing for ward. he never did anything for them but turn down opponents and try to get them to give him millions for bums. if ward wants to fight no one is stopping him. there are many cards he could jump on or he could headline his own little card. he doesn't need 2 million dollars to fight some unknown guy like brand. hbo just wants kovalev to destroy him as payback for how ungrateful he was. toughest thing is getting him into the ring for his destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              First Sharbanskky priced himself out. Now I hear Cleverly choose to fight Braehmer for more money instead of Ward. He came out of his pocket to give Barrera his highest payday. HBO has gotta chip in and pay extra for his opponents. Eldier Alvarez has a July date scheduled with no opponent but I doubt HBO will allow him to fight off network. HBO needs to go to Golden Boy and see how much it'll take to get Sharbanskky
              ward should just ask to put a ring in shoe palace since apparently whenever he goes there, it's "packed"

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                First Sharbanskky priced himself out. Now I hear Cleverly choose to fight Braehmer for more money instead of Ward. He came out of his pocket to give Barrera his highest payday. HBO has gotta chip in and pay extra for his opponents. Eldier Alvarez has a July date scheduled with no opponent but I doubt HBO will allow him to fight off network. HBO needs to go to Golden Boy and see how much it'll take to get Sharbanskky
                LMAO, don't you guys see what is going on here? Ward verbally agrees to fight Killa Kov in December and may have signed some preliminary contingency agreement pending both guys are successful in fights over the summer. Ward and his team are lowballing all opposition so they can say that they were unable to secure an opponent and thus haven't met the requirements of the contingency, so he won't be able to fight Killa Kov in November.

I guess it's off to next year, either that or Ward retires the early part of next year to avoid him. I called it and the story has begun to play out.

Comment

I keep telling people ward kovelev might not Haopen this year, ward is still trying to get a ggg fight instead.

Comment

If HBO doesn't step up to back Ward, he's walking after he whoops Kovalev.

Shabranskyy, for all intents and purposes, is basically the perfect style matchup for Ward to prep for Kovalev.

If that matchup fell apart over money, HBO should've stepped up to cover the gap; Kovalev-Ward is the biggest fight that HBO actually has on their calendar. Them bending to air a show on Monday for Kovalev, shows where they've left their thumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      Shabranskyy, for all intents and purposes, is basically the perfect style matchup for Ward to prep for Kovalev.

If that matchup fell apart over money, HBO should've stepped up to cover the gap; Kovalev-Ward is the biggest fight that HBO actually has on their calendar. Them bending to air a show on Monday for Kovalev, shows where they've left their thumb.
                      How much is Sabranskyy asking? Ward doesn't get anything beating Alexander Brand. And I heard Sabranskyy was willing to fight Ward back in November last year, but Ward turned that down and Sabrankyy ended up fighting Gonzalez.

Comment

Working...
                      X