Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest Question. Would Floyd sell out The Forum against a Wade-esque opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely not, Floyd is a small name in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by CourageAward View Post
      Would Floyd Mayweather be able to sell out a large venue in L.A. like The Forum or the Staples Center against a Wade type opponent?

The Forum seats 17,500 for boxing.

Staples Center seats around 20,000 for boxing.

Would he?
      Floyd would sell out The Forum for an extended sparring session (a la Porter-Tyner) if we're honest about it; Mayweather-Berto sold over $10m worth of tickets, and no one really thought that that fight was going to be all that competitive.

For the life of me, I'm not sure why you seem to think that Mayweather wasn't a ticket seller.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Floyd would sell out The Forum for an extended sparring session (a la Porter-Tyner) if we're honest about it; Mayweather-Berto sold over $10m worth of tickets, and no one really thought that that fight was going to be all that competitive.

For the life of me, I'm not sure why you seem to think that Mayweather wasn't a ticket seller.
        OP didn't factor in price ranges... If he did then he would not create this topic cause it's a no brainer.

If GGG charged the same as Mayweather he wouldn't sell atall. Floyd fights are generally for a higher earning crowd.

Comment

Are there free tickets?

Comment

Dumb thread as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by CourageAward View Post
              And that was in the boxing capital of the world. In L.A. I don't think anyone would care about that fight.

It's interesting how Golovkin has been able to captivate the minds of so many people in the L.A. area.
              Golovkin stans must be such miserable, lonely losers.

The most expensive tickets for Mayweather-Berto were $1500, for Golovkin-Wade, $400.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                I don't think he sold out against Berto. But he sold many many more PPVs doe.
                So what? Check the ticket prices for both events and the gate. If Mayweather sets the same prices, he'd set the record there

Comment

I don't think he sold out against Berto. But he sold many many more PPVs doe.
                  You're seriously becoming an idiot troll. Floyd sold out a venue in Frisco when he faced a no name opponent. And that was years ago

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                    You're seriously becoming an idiot troll. Floyd sold out a venue in Frisco when he faced a no name opponent. And that was years ago
                    I assumed the question was about if Floyd would do that if he were to arrange the fight now, rather than years ago. But I already agreed that the ticket prices explain the disparity in volume of tickets.

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                    So what? Check the ticket prices for both events and the gate. If Mayweather sets the same prices, he'd set the record there
                    Yes yes. Another poster already pointed this out and I conceded the point. No need to beat down a dead horse.

Comment

I assumed the question was about if Floyd would do that if he were to arrange the fight now, rather than years ago. But I already agreed that the ticket prices explain the disparity in volume of tickets.

Yes yes. Another poster already pointed this out and I conceded the point. No need to beat down a dead horse.
                      Sorry, I saw your post first and responded before reading the rest.

Comment

Working...
                      X