No announcement yet.

Isn't it about time HBO dump the Geriatrics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Definitely man. Since I'm stationed in Germany I find myself watching the sky sports broadcasts and their commentary is better. Time to switch up HBO
    much better

Comment

lampley,kellerman,and jones would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Lampley and Kellerman are OK, I don't think they like when Roy Jones, George Foreman or Lennox Lewis (in the past) would shoot Merchant and/or Lampley down and tells them "Well...YOU NEVER BOXED BEFORE SO YOU WOULDN'T KNOW" lol which is TRUE...so they stay with Stewart because Stewart will "STAY IN HIS PLACE"

Stewart slurs and mumbles, I can barely understand the guy, plus he really doesn't have a mind of his own, if Merchant and Lampley wants to team up and be cheerleaders for 1 fighter, I think it is only fair to have a Former Fighter that will keep things balance and point out the things that are really going on in the Ring, so many fights Lampley just gets quiet when the guy he is rooting for gets hit, but then he gets all loud and excited when the guy he is rooting for lands a punch

Gus Johnson on Showtime, seems to be excited for BOTH FIGHTERS, he was going crazy for Orlando Salido during the Juan Manuel Lopez fight...and that is how it should be, the Play By Play guy should not be "BIAS"

It has been going on for years now. I don't have any problem with Lampley, He's really good at what he does.

Comment

The problem is not their age, its the HBO agenda......but let's address the real problem in US commentary, punchstats....

Just get rid of them already

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
            The problem is not their age, its the HBO agenda......but let's address the real problem in US commentary, punchstats....

What about it? Its something fun for the fans to ponder. Its all about presentation and entertainment

Otherwise you'd just be watching a fight with no sound and just the 2 fighters in the frame at all times

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
              I have wanted Lampley and Merchant to fired for the longest time. I can't stand those dudes man. Watching fights on HBO leaves me stuck I don't want to hear those fools talking but I don't want to watch the fight on mute either.
              I'm with you bro....its a funked up deal!!

Comment

still love the guys

Comment

Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
                  lampley,kellerman,and jones would be awesome
                  Replace 'Jones' with 'Steward' and I agree. Jones fumbles with his words and seems to have trouble getting his point across. Fighters generally don't make good commentators.

I like Merchant but he is too negative at times.

I like Bob Sheridan and Al Bernstein, although strangely, they are no good as a pair.

Jim Watt is good too.

Comment

I'd pay money to have Hopkins, Jones & Tarver commentate. Would be hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post

No a lot does have to do with age.

I cannot stand having to wait 15 seconds for merchant to bust out a single sentence.

Comment

Working...
                      X