Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah Cotto outboxed Margs as expected but the win was not the revenge Cotto desired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Cotto outboxed Margs as expected but the win was not the revenge Cotto desired

I want to see a third fight. In the first fight Cotto took a knee. Cotto will never admit that Margs beat him fair and square but IMO Cotto was not ready physically in that fight. Cotto gassed out and quit as simple as that. In last nights fight he was better prepared and used more lateral movement.. Should the fight have been stopped? IMO no!! Margs was never seriously hurt. Last nights win could not have been as satisfying as Margs win over him because he never broke Margarito.. Margarito was still coming after him and IMO the last two rounds could of been the difference for Margs.. A third fight is required to see who the better overall fighter really is..

We have seen plenty of fights stopped for cuts/swelling far less than Tony's and given the history of that eye and all the hype im surprised they let it go as long as they did - fair stoppage.

No need for a third fight, Cotto has clearly established that when all is fair HE is by far the superior fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
      I want to see a third fight. In the first fight Cotto took a knee. Cotto will never admit that Margs beat him fair and square but IMO Cotto was not ready physically in that fight. Cotto gassed out and quit as simple as that. In last nights fight he was better prepared and used more lateral movement.. Should the fight have been stopped? IMO no!! Margs was never seriously hurt. Last nights win could not have been as satisfying as Margs win over him because he never broke Margarito.. Margarito was still coming after him and IMO the last two rounds could of been the difference for Margs.. A third fight is required to see who the better overall fighter really is..

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
      WAR MARGARITO!!!! **** Jotto!!! Cant wait to see what all the Jotto Stans have to say after Jotto takes a knee again!!!Margarito by brutal TKO.....

Oh my what do we have here?

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
        Oh my what do we have here?
        That's cold.

Comment

T
          Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
          That's cold.

Cotto fans have suffered enough to prove a point for 3 years now.Time for them to taste there own medicine.

Comment

I think it's safe to say this guy hasn't done a damn thing since getting caught trying to load his gloves and all this talk about how he should have another Cotto fight should be put to rest. He doesn't deserve another big payday, not unless he earns it. And as of now he's 1-3 since getting caught and has a jacked up eye. He's got to prove his worth and right now he's not worth anything.

Comment

What more could he do? He made the man cry FFS...

Comment

I think Cotto is pretty satisfied and I would guess there is less than 1% chance of a third fight.

Comment

cotto won fair and square, it's not his fault that margos eye is busted, time to let this go fellas, cotto proved to be the superior boxer last saturday

ay ay ay ay, canta y no llores!!

Comment

I agree....

Margarito made Cotto take a knee and stopped him.
                    Cotto hit Margarito's previously injured eye and the doctor stopped it.

If I was Cotto I wouldn't be satisfied with the win..... but thats jut my humble unbiased opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X