Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Gervonta Davis escape 130 without a loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Pedraza was a top name and IBF champ though.

For reference, Pedraza was more dangerous to Davis (in fans, oddsmakers and media's eyes) than anyone Golovkin has fought. Actually, if Davis was going to lose when he steps up, this was the time, with Pedraza. The guy passed with flying colors. What i'm mad at is people defending the whole "champ should take easy fights until he's ready" philosophy. What? LOL, he's the CHAMPION. Usually, you know, champions go through every team first, then win the championship at the end by facing the other team that beat all their teams on their side.

In boxing, fans are like: Get title first, then prove you deserve it by beating the best...eventually. Not - prove you deserve it by beating the best, then win it against the other best guy.

Na, he's 10, he's not ready. Well why give him a title when he's 10. I mean Davis won his title from a champion, he's not a paper champ. It's the fact that some fans are okay with him not actually defending his title vs the best opp.
    But you're contradicting yourself doe. If you're saying that a team is supposed to beat all the other contenders and then beating the other best team in the final to win a championship, then what is wrong with Davis cleaning out the rest of the division and other contenders/champions before facing Loma in the 'final' showdown to win the 'championship'?

Isn't that what the others are suggesting he do before facing Loma?

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
      But you're contradicting yourself doe. If you're saying that a team is supposed to beat all the other contenders and then beating the other best team in the final to win a championship, then what is wrong with Davis cleaning out the rest of the division and other contenders/champions before facing Loma in the 'final' showdown to win the 'championship'?

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        Follow your own advice....
        I will block you soon. Type one more smartass comment on your dirty little keyboard/smartphone you little **** head.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post

I'm not contradicting myself because I say the same for every champion. If you're not going to defend against the best then you shouldn't hold a title.

And I said Davis should fight the other champions included, like Berchelt and Corrales. I never said he should absolutely fight Lomachenko next. What I am going against is posters trying to say Davis is too young/green to step up.

Comment

He hasn't showed Mike Tyson type power, but 5 KO's of 7 wins shows that he is most likely to stop his opponent than not, and 2 of those KO's were against top fighters and happened in his last 2 fights, which is a good sign that he gets stoppages at the top level. But I agree that power is not his strong point. Which is actually great, that you have power but aren't even known for that. That means he's not one dimensional, and if he can't KO you it doesn't matter, he can do what he's best at: outbox you.
            His power is very average. I think we can agree on that. I agree he can just beat you down mentally as well. But his power is nothing to talk about like that dude is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
              I think he stops Salido. Salido's been down a good amount of fights and maybe been in 1 too many wars. It wouldn't surprise me if Davis got a ko victory
              Me too but It would be fun while it lasted and a good passing of gh torch fight

Comment

I will block you soon. Type one more smartass comment on your dirty little keyboard/smartphone you little **** head.
                Please don't block me mister keyboard d*cksucker

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Please don't block me mister keyboard d*cksucker

I don't even know how to classify this post. Is it **** talking, a sign of help for your mental ******ation, or what. I don't know what a keyboard d*cksucker is. Someone who sucks keyboard dicks?

Comment

I think Salido would be ripe for the taking for a guy like Davis, that is a lot of speed, power and ferocity for an old fighter to be dealing with.

The old man would hang tough no doubt but Davis would not be a guy that is just going to let the old man fight an old man fight, he is going to push the issue and make the old man feel old.

As long as he doesn't fight Lomachenko I think he stands a good chance against most, he is short with fairly short arms to really go up super far so he should try to hang out at 130 or 135 for as long as possible.
                    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 02-23-2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X