Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how does a Showtime employee get assigned to judge a fight.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only scorecard I found completely out of wack was the one that had Granados with 97 points.

AG gave a great account of himself, but no way did he win 7 rounds...

Comment

corruption! al hymie and his goons are a pack of sewer rats.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        It's convenient that you only noticed this weekend, though, wouldn't you say? Given your past posting history which is...shall we say...rather hypercritical of Haymon and PBC?

Some might think you're being selective with your outrage.

I think it's refreshing that this forum has folks that speak up and ask for Haymon/PBC to be given a fair shake. It's a nice change of pace from much of the boxing media that seems to have had it in for him since day 1.

That type of bias from supposedly objective outlets is what should truly be nauseating to you.
        Got him!

You wiped your ass with that hater.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
          corruption! al hymie and his goons are a pack of sewer rats.
          Anything is better than a roach with plucked eyebrows.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Steve Weisfeld has also scored fights for HBO. He returned to judging fights in 2015. Are you saying he is no longer allowed to judge the biggest fights in boxing (those that air on HBO and SHO) because he has at one time worked for HBO and SHO?
            For me thats a problem. And I'd like to think it'd be a problem for a respectable boxing commission (which my be a oxymoron). If you worked at Wendy's & now you work at the FDA or somewhere where you could make Wendy's look good or bad you probably shouldn't be allowed to do that specific Wendy's job in your new capacity at this new gig. This isn't complicated.

And fwiw I'm also one who sees a problem with Lederman's daughter judging HBO fights when her dad works for HBO.

I suppose you could play 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon with conflict of interest situations & leave everyone jobless & all fights judgeless, but I think there are certain connections that are too fresh or too closely connected to be ignored.

Comment

What about the judge that scored it 97-93 for Granados? We must look into his past!!!

Comment

I'm more bothered by the scale fiasco. They allowed Broner to weigh-in, then suddenly everyone else's weights were off and they discovered the scale needed to be recalibrated. Everybody had to reweigh except Broner. It's almost as if they set the scale to take off a few lbs for AB then tried resetting it but messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  involving a Showtime fighter?

How could Steve Weisfeld's conflict of interest not have been OBVIOUS to the Ohio commission? And he unsurprisingly turns in a scorecard with the widest margin (7-3) for the Showtime fighter?

Boxing doesnt even try to hide its corruption / incompetence anymore. And people wonder why its a fringe sport......
                  So true. Lots of hometown cooking and SHOWTIME cooking in that one.

Comment

american boxing for you.....

Comment

The Haymon defence force trying to make this a non issue just because the judge has worked for HBO? if anything, that doubles the judges conflict of interest...

Comment

Working...
                      X