Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Easter vs. Denis Shafikov - Ordered By IBF To Reach Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Put it on the Garcia/TBA undercard in June. But Easter may feel like he's a main event after his last fight in Toledo. Bring it back to Toledo.
    I think they bring Easter back to Toledo to headline another card. then have Mikey fight next with Easter in attendance (assuming he wins) to set up a big fight at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I think they bring Easter back to Toledo to headline another card. then have Mikey fight next with Easter in attendance (assuming he wins) to set up a big fight at the end of the year.
      Same here. I think they'll make the Linares fight for Mikey, then have him and Easter fight in an attempt to make Garcia the next PPV draw. Although that would be a good outcome for Al either way. (But more money if Mikey comes out on top)

Comment

Good fight - no-one's gonna get an easy night with Shafikov, guys relentless and as tough as they come. I'd favour Easter - slightly - but Denis is a real test, If Easter has an off night or poor preparation he will pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Good fight - no-one's gonna get an easy night with Shafikov, guys relentless and as tough as they come. I'd favour Easter - slightly - but Denis is a real test, If Easter has an off night or poor preparation he will pay.
          Truth is between last year and this year lot of Haymon guys have been fighting tough fights and losing them. Easter very well could be the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
            Easter could have been hanging around with criminals all this time and talent alone would have brought him where he is today. But now that he's the champion, he's the man to beat. He needs to work even harder to remain the champ and go to the next level.

If I was a trainer or a promoter I would not want to see someone like Broner - and I have nothing against him - around one of my fighters too often. Look at what was happening to these TMT prospects. Do you think it was a mere coincidence?

Stay humble, stay hungry.
            Who says he isn't working hard? Where are you getting this from or are you just making this up in your head? Everybody isn't weak minded like you

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              I like it because this is really going to test Easter's accuracy. Shafikov is always coming forward, but he is constantly moving his head. Plus he is a really short guy...he gets hit, but not often very cleanly.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Who says he isn't working hard? Where are you getting this from or are you just making this up in your head? Everybody isn't weak minded like you
                Read my post again dummy. I never said he wasn't working hard. You did not understand half of what I said.

Comment

Read my post again dummy. I never said he wasn't working hard. You did not understand half of what I said.
                  You're saying he may pick up bad habits from Broner. He's been with Broner & hasn't picked up bad habits. Why would he pick them up now? Why are you trying to divide them? You don't believe in loyalty? Maybe Broner will be influenced by him to do better? Everybody isn't easily influenced like you. Some people have a mind of their own

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
                    Crazy how they do unproven champs. Mikey won his belt before Easter, easter is forced to take his mando now. Either way it's a good fight I worry about how he'll do under pressure as he doesn't throw many combos
                    easter won the vacant IBF title in his fight against commey last september. besides, mikey is mexican and has the wbc title. he probably won't have to do any mandatories lol

Comment

Should Canelo stop hanging around Oscar before he becomes a cross dressing come head alcoholic?

Comment

Working...
                      X