Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko is another overpaid HBO boxer does not even crack 900k on HBO!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man ya'll sound like a bunch of bitter b1tches foreal,foreal...all ya'll do is cry over people who are more successful then ya'll all ****ing day and it clearly is over race to be down right honest.....ya'll are a bunch of racist ass b1tches....oh hes white so he cant be good..oh he is black so he has to be a bum... that is NSB in a nuttshell with about 5 decent posters sitting on the damn side shaking their ****ing head

Comment

BTW guys, he's talking about ratings, not pay. Which is why I said it was depressing. I don't care what he gets paid but when the ratings for a fight like this fall well short of GG v Wade or Ward v Barrera, it's bad news for everyone.

Comment

If I'm reading it correctly, the high 834K number isn't even the Loma fight. It's the Kovalev-Ward replay. Looks like Loma Walters did 761k. Viewership actually went down instead of up.
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-30-2016, 04:29 PM.

Comment

boxing fans watched it enough for us to have a conversation about it on here and other places, that's all that matters imo. since when did this become such a big deal to fans?

Comment

It was a damn good fight and i enjoyed it.....boxing fans are pathetic

Comment

Loma vs Pacquiao next. Arum isn't going to continue paying Loma those high guarantees if he can't put butts in the seats or produce good enough ratings that HBO will give him dates & a decent license fee. He's either going to beat Pacquiao and become a start or lose and rid Bob of those high guarantees

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                boxing fans watched it enough for us to have a conversation about it on here and other places, that's all that matters imo. since when did this become such a big deal to fans?
                Amen!!!!!! everyone wants to pick a ****ing side now and it is all due to race plain and simple

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                  As a fan, my concern is that low numbers eventually = less accessibility (less boxing on TV). I predicted a couple years ago that boxing would take a dive in ratings all-around because of the great number of mismatches an uncompelling fights driving away fans. I think that's why the great fights that took place in Nov did poorly. Hopefully, this packed winter schedule and a robust 2017 (fingers crossed) will turn things around.

I don't care too much about how popular the sport is, but I do want to be able to see a lot of fights and that requires the sport to do well.

Comment

Let boxing continue to decline I don't care anymore you have fans and people who cover the sport who don't think anything is wrong with the sport and that just making big fights will fix everything and it is not that simple. Regardless of how they finished you really can't get any bigger than Ward vs Kovalev and Lomachenko vs Walters and both underperformed badly so I don't care let it crash and burn and people start losing money and that will get people to wake up and maybe Promoters and Managers or whoever will put egos aside and start working together. Boxing is a AWFUL investment right now and without Investors you have no money to pay these fighters so maybe guys will do a better job selling themselves as well. Divided boxing will FALL I say let it!

This is great for Eddie Hearn and the rest of UK boxing because as boxing in the US Continues to decline guys will be forced to travel so Eddie Hearn, Frank Warren it is a great time to try and make UK the new Mecca of boxing during these struggles
                    Last edited by sicko; 11-30-2016, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Boxing will get better if the network budgets increase.

Ratings like this will not convince HBO execs to increase the boxing budget.

That's why this rating is concerning as a boxing fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X