No announcement yet.

14 Boxing Podcasts Worth Checking Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 Boxing Podcasts Worth Checking Out

As a self proclaimed podcast aficionado I figured I'd throw out some podcasts I find worthwhile that you might as well & maybe some of you guys got some boxing podcasts I'm not up on yet or haven't fully given my appreciation to.

My Eff Pandas approved list:

Paulie Malignaggi From Brooklyn to the Word - My go to boxing podcast of choice. Paulie has some good takes on boxing situations usually & Peter Cards is hilarious.

Rope A Dope Radio - My current long form (regularly a 2.5hr-3hr podcast) podcast of choice. Some solid boxing talk by a cat willing to play devil's advocate, but also be reasonable unlike my previous favorite long form podcast of choice, Tha Boxing Voice, with Nes always trying to alpha dog the show.

Bad Left Hook - The best podcast out there for the busy boxing fan with not a whole lot of podcast listening time or a short commute with 3 30min episodes a week that sticks to the main headlines in boxing to keep you up to date.

The Morning Punch In Show (on the Bad Culture network) - Two ladies talking about boxing with some unique fun segments. Questionable audio quality far too often doe.

Three Knockdown Rule - Steve Kim & Mario Lopez talking about recent boxing headlines.

HBO Boxing - Great breakdowns of all HBO boxing events

The Next Round Boxing Show (on the Leave it in the Ring network) - One of the better longer form shows at 90mins+ typically.

Boxing Junkie - Infrequent, but quality show by USA Today boxing writers.

Box'N Life - Tony Jeffries hosted podcast that can range from random 5 minute ranting episodes to talking to **** stars to billionaires to talking about his gym.

Lukie Boxing - Has a lot of mid range & lower level boxer interviews that you probably wouldn't hear elsewhere. Audio quality problems at times.

Bill Simmons Show - Obviously not an exclusive boxing podcast, but Simmons will have boxing people on every now & again with high quality interviews. My favorite is the Jim Lampley episode which made me a bigger fan of Jim the man even if I'm not a huge fan of Jim the commentator.

The Dollop - Comedy podcast that discusses various events in American history which will occasionally bring up boxing topics. Some of the boxing related episodes are Boxer Tim Doc Anderson, The Bowery Boys & Boxing & An American Pugilist in London.

Love + Radio, Sesquipedalian episode - This is podcast about various subjects that has only talked about boxing in this episode as far as I know, but this is a great episode about Charles Farrell & his time in boxing promotion that talks about some of the corruption involved in the sport.

The Forward, Bob Arum episode - This just came out the other day, but I really enjoyed this Arum interview with cyclist Lance Armstrong where Arum rants on his history & future in boxing, how Trump f#cked him over for $2.5M & his thoughts on PBC & Haymon + a unnamed "somebody" telling him Floyd is looking to fight Manny again in May 2017.

Cheers for the heads up, I'll check some of these out, see if I can stoke the dying embers of my love for the sport.

I was surprised that On The Ropes Boxing Radio wasn't on there. What's you're take on it?

Comment

Rope a dope and Lukie are my two favs

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
        I was surprised that On The Ropes Boxing Radio wasn't on there. What's you're take on it?
        Its on my longer list & I'll listen to it if a guest or topic with a specific episode catches my interest. I think they have high quality guests frequently, but the questions & opinions are basic &/or typical to me & they are doing the same thing 20 other podcasts do more or less. They don't really stand out much to me despite the quality guests. Also not a fan of the audio quality (although that might be a bigger pet peeve for me than with others), although its understandable & a common problem with doing a lot of phoners I suppose.

Comment

Thanks, i'll try some of these out :ANYWORD:

The only one i listen to at present is the SKY Sports Toe 2 toe podcast, and occasionally the HBO one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
            Thanks, i'll try some of these out :ANYWORD:

The only one i listen to at present is the SKY Sports Toe 2 toe podcast, and occasionally the HBO one.
            Thats a good one. I must admit as an American I OD a lil with all those thick British accents so I can't listen to this one all the time, but for sure this is one I check out when a guest or guest host (like Johnny Nelson in the last episode) catches my interest. If I had my own thick British accent this would probably be among my top ten boxing podcasts. And I do love that these British guys seem to have a genuine & deep love for boxing & a overall glass half full outlook on the sport which is something I feel is greatly missing from the US boxing fans & pundits.

Sunday Puncher is also on my short list of good UK boxing podcasts, although I kinda feel they lost some of their strength's when they brought on the American or non-British guy who's I believe is the new (or newer) host of the show & who gives the show more uniformity than it had previously, but also makes the show seem lamer & more like some weird hybrid talk show or something. Still appreciate the opinions & thoughts of the other guys doe.

Comment

Working...
            X