No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Tabs Elegele For Sparring Ahead of Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Tabs Elegele For Sparring Ahead of Guerrero

On Tuesday, Floyd Mayweather once again captured the attention of the boxing world when it was revealed that he had inked a record-breaking six-fight deal with Showtime PPV.

Coming in hand with the announcement was the confirmation of interim WBC welterweight champion Robert Guerrero as his May 4th opponent when he steps back into the MGM Grand in Las Vegas for his next ring assignment.

Coming off of decision victories of two bruising welterweights in Andre Berto and Selcuk Aydin, Guerrero will figure to give Mayweather a spirited battle despite the heavy odds that will see him as the underdog.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    On Tuesday, Floyd Mayweather once again captured the attention of the boxing world when it was revealed that he had inked a record-breaking six-fight deal with Showtime PPV.

Coming in hand with the announcement was the confirmation of interim WBC welterweight champion Robert Guerrero as his May 4th opponent when he steps back into the MGM Grand in Las Vegas for his next ring assignment.

Coming off of decision victories of two bruising welterweights in Andre Berto and Selcuk Aydin, Guerrero will figure to give Mayweather a spirited battle despite the heavy odds that will see him as the underdog.
    Great learning experience for the young fellow

Comment

So he finally defends his WBC belt after a year and a half

Comment

This guy beat Lanard Lane last June. That's a pretty decent win.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          So he finally defends his WBC belt after a year and a half
          How is that any different from Pacman defending the WBO Jr Welterweight Belt he won from Hatton? When did he defend it? He went on to force Cotto to fight him at catchweight then forced Margarito to fight him at another catchweight.

Comment

I'd be curious to know how much money Floyd pays his sparring partners.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
              I'd be curious to know how much money Floyd pays his sparring partners.
              Probably higher than most would get paid to go into a lesser paid fighters camp. One would assume.

Comment

Ok I love R. Guerrero, great guy awesome story but lets just keep it real..

Guerrero just isnt on Floyds level PERIOD.... Another easy payday for Floyd.. anyone who thinks Guerrero has a chance is just plain dumb..

Comment

Here we go again. Mayweather is going to fight another B+ fighter that has made most of his fights on 135 pound divisions only two fights at 147 # with B level opposition,fights that he won by a small margin.
                  Where is the risk Mayweather is taking and why would any one give him credit for beating a guy that he should beat and by a big margin.
                  What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
                    Ok I love R. Guerrero, great guy awesome story but lets just keep it real..

Guerrero just isnt on Floyds level PERIOD.... Another easy payday for Floyd.. anyone who thinks Guerrero has a chance is just plain dumb..
                    I pick Robert to win! Floyd will land a million right hands, and Robert wont feel it for a second! When Berto had him staggered, he NEVER stops swarming! Floyd wont even stagger the guy anyway! Floyd's lack of power will hunt him in this fight! Also Robert dont telegraph! Cotto was shot and slow, and he landed slow left hands! Robert is going to BEAT Floyd's ass! His power at ww is AMAZING too! He should have gotten a 3rd round TKO over Berto! I am willing to make bets on here, but I dont know how! Add me, and later on we can talk! Robert will win, and I dont think it will even be close! Mares-Moreno style, Cotto-Judah style! No power=Assbeating!

Comment

Working...
                    X