Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Cruiserweight - Steve Cunningham or Vassiliy Jirov?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Cruiserweight - Steve Cunningham or Vassiliy Jirov?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx
    Last edited by CTE90; 03-12-2020, 11:28 AM.

Hey Mast, nice to see you around the net again since SB...

I like Jirov, I thought dude was pretty solid, Cunningham is good though. I'm partial to Jirov because Toney vs. Jirov was one of my favorite fights ever.

Comment

It's pretty close, but I'd go with Cunningham. That's a great fantasy matchup.

Comment

Cunningham. but Jirov was good too

Comment

Cunningham

Comment

Jirov, olympic gold too

Comment

It's close, but my gut says Jirov.

Comment

Jirov by the terms stated, and by a good margin in my book. I'm surprised people feel it's that close, and that some even have Cunningham.

Different strokes i guess.

Comment

Based on best wins, it's USS. Jirov would have kicked his arse IMO head to head though.

And prime Gomez beats both.

Comment

It depends on what you rate as good boxing qualities.

Jirov had a phenomenal workrate, good power and was tenacious as a hound. He was also rather crude, hittable, and one dimensional. Cunningham posseses excellent speed, accuracy and general boxing ability but a glass chin and an occasionally porous defence.

A fight between the two would have been excellent and hard to predict, but I would have given the nod to Jirov given his similarity to Adamek. Cunnigham isn't the best under pressure, and Jirov had genuine knockout power and the sort of toughness that could really get to Steve. Prime Jirov was a real beast.

Saying that, the best CW outside of Holyfield was Gomez IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X