• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernardo Osuna Named ESPN’s Friday Night Fights Studio Host

Award-Winning Bernardo Osuna Named ESPN’s Friday Night Fights Studio Host
    Posted by Editor • January 3, 2012 • Printer-friendly

ESPN Front Row: Osuna on his new role

ESPN's Bernardo Osuna, one of the most honored boxing journalists in the industry, has been named ESPN’s Friday Night Fights new studio host on ESPN2 and ESPN3. Osuna will make his debut when ESPN’s Friday Night Fights kicks off its 14th season January 6 at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN2, ESPN Deportes and ESPN3.

Bernardo Osuna (Credit: Rich Arden/ESPN)
    “We are excited to welcome Bernardo full time to our team,” said Matt Sandulli, ESPN senior coordinating producer. “He has contributed in the past but now viewers will truly benefit from his 17 years covering boxing. He is well connected both domestically and internationally which is a huge asset covering the sport in 2012. The studio news and information presentation is a big part of Friday Night Fights and Bernardo will do a great job delivering that each week.”

Osuna served as a guest analyst in Friday Night Fights‘ studio in 2009-2010, part of a rotating list of guests that included World Champion Bernard Hopkins, ESPN.com’s boxing expert Dan Rafael, and cruiserweight contender B.J. Flores.

"Being entrusted with the studio host position for Friday Night Fights is a great honor and responsibility,” said Osuna. “I plan to bring my knowledge and passion for the sport of boxing to every telecast, and to continue the tradition of credibility which has been the hallmark of those who have preceded me on this show. I am excited about working with Joe Tessitore and Teddy Atlas as well as interacting directly with our viewers on our social media platforms."

In addition to his Friday Night Fights responsibilities, Osuna serves as co-host of ESPN Deportes’ weekly boxing news and analysis show Golpe a Golpe, and is ESPN Deportes’ west coast bureau reporter and boxing analyst.

Osuna will host from ESPN’s Connecticut studios, but occasionally will be on site at Friday Night Fights or in ESPN’s Los Angeles studios.

Osuna has received many honors for his work on boxing including, the 2003 Sam Taub Award for Excellence in Broadcast Journalism presented by the Boxing Writers Association of America, four Emmy Awards, and six Golden Mic’s. Additionally, he has received the Puerto Rico Boxing Commission Broadcasting Award, and is a former member of the Ring Ratings Advisory Board.

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/201...tsstudio-host/

Where's BK? I haven't seen him in a while, you know what happened to him?

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
      He left ESPN for the MLB Network.

This is quite unfortunate, Osuna is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
        Left ESPN for the MLB Network.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          He left ESPN for the MLB Network.

This is quite unfortunate, Osuna is garbage.
          Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Left ESPN for the MLB Network.
          Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

****tt .bk was the man he owned floyd

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X