No announcement yet.

Man, i miss old school boxers mentallity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, i miss old school boxers mentallity

The game (in boxing these days) is to step in there and avoid a fight, so we can get on to the next payday. Pacquiao and Mayweather arent fighting in the same ring, Cotto ducking Martinez, Martinez ducking Pirog, Juanma ducked Gamboa.. Thats why I will pay to see Hopkins fight, he should be supported since he doesnt fear anyone and never brings in the money excuse.

if only bhop can make his fights more exciting he'll be a big draw for sure. bhop is the kind of fighter that will not generate any interests from casual fans.

Comment

Same. We got fighters running circles for 12 rounds, cherry picking, sucker punching, fabricated undefeated records, avoiding the best competition, paying models to act as their fiance etc. It's messed up. We only have a few warriors left like Wolak, Marquez, Cotto etc. And old school fighter in every sense: Manny who doesn't only fights the best he fights bigger fighters than him and goes to war everytime and fights everyone. I wish everyone was like Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
        Same. We got fighters running circles for 12 rounds, cherry picking, sucker punching, fabricated undefeated records, avoiding the best competition, paying models to act as their fiance etc. It's messed up. We only have a few warriors left like Wolak, Marquez, Cotto etc. And old school fighter in every sense: Manny who doesn't only fights the best he fights bigger fighters than him and goes to war everytime and fights everyone. I wish everyone was like Manny.
        .................................................. ..............

Joshua Clottey... Miguel Cotto after he got smashed up... Mosley after he got shut out my Mayweather. Margarito who got destroyed by Mosley.... a washed up Marquez...

hmmmmm... I guess Pacquiao really does fight the best of the best

Comment

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
          The game (in boxing these days) is to step in there and avoid a fight, so we can get on to the next payday. Pacquiao and Mayweather arent fighting in the same ring, Cotto ducking Martinez, Martinez ducking Pirog, Juanma ducked Gamboa.. Thats why I will pay to see Hopkins fight, he should be supported since he doesnt fear anyone and never brings in the money excuse.

c'mon son, just a couple years ago hopkins said he didn't want to fight dawson because there was no money in it.

ya'll have very selective memories when it serves your purposes

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
            if only bhop can make his fights more exciting he'll be a big draw for sure. bhop is the kind of fighter that will not generate any interests from casual fans.
            Hopkins did an exciting 2 fights with Pascal, he is being more offensive minded now

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post

c'mon son, just a couple years ago hopkins said he didn't want to fight dawson because there was no money in it.

ya'll have very selective memories when it serves your purposes
              But who was Dawson back then? He was the same unknown fighter like today Tavoris Cloud is. Hopkins waited for Dawson to get more recognition, and now Dawson really is a more known fighter after the Pascal fight. Now he deserves to be decapited by the Executioner.

Comment

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
                But who was Dawson back then? He was the same unknown fighter like today Tavoris Cloud is. Hopkins waited for Dawson to get more recognition, and now Dawson really is a more known fighter after the Pascal fight. Now he deserves to be decapited by the Executioner.

That's not the "old school" mentality though.

Comment

like the poster above stated, b-hop is guilty of the same thing. although im a huge b-hop fan, he ducked chad pretty hard.

i understand the need to protect the "investment", but the trend of marketing the "next big name" instead of FIGHTING TO EARN A NAME is the problem.

Comment

Forget Old School Era. This is a new era.

The Duck Era

Comment

Working...
                    X