Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Would Ward fare against Okelsndr Usyk if he fights at Crusierweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I've said before, I'm not overly impressed with Usyk. I really don't get the hype. I'm not saying Ward wins cause size is a legitimate factor in this fight, but I can see Ward doing some things well in that fight (when I say "well" I mean a Ward level of well...not pretty, not inspiring, not clean, but he can jab and grab his way until the final bell).

But no point in giving credit for fantasy victories, if the fight happens, it won't be anytime soon - and that's good for Usyk, there's room for improvement.

Comment

If Ward beat Kovalev really decisively I'd say Ward, but that fight was a draw and probably should have been 114-113 for Sergey because the KD (I'm a Ward fan too, my sig has been the same since he beat Kessler). I'd say Usky by UD or maybe MD with Ward winning about 4 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        no he wasn't stop making up garbage. he couldn't hurt allan green. you want so badly that your fav fighters have power but they just don't. then you go and bash people with power...
        Ward hit hard enough that the folks in there with him weren't open to getting hit by him again; discount that all you want, but no one was trying to walk through his shots like they do Malignaggi.

Talk about Allan Green, or whomever you want, Andre Ward (as the physically smaller man) just fought Sergey Kovalev, and Kovalev never even once thought about simply eating Ward's shot to fire his own.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
          Dawson was a pitiful weight drained zombie in that fight.

Ward deserves zero credit for beating a walking corpse who was getting KO'd in sparring because of how drained he was.

Anyone could have beaten that Dawson

and Ward has never been or will ever be a ¨good puncher¨

dirty, pillowfisted and boring, that's what he is
          If Andre Ward really was pillow-fisted, why has there never been a fighter in the ring with him who simply chose to just walk through Ward's shot?

Comment

Same size Ward wins but Ward is too small for CW.

Comment

Mackie Shilstone was brought into Andre Ward's camp...

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
              I'd like to see a fat Ward...

Seriously though... Ward would only find disadvantages moving up another class weigh... I don't see how it could work out with the top dogs over there...
              and Andre Ward starts any further move up with a 6' frame to work with.

Ward's never going to be a massive guy, but I'd imagine that Shilstone could get him up to 200-210lbs, if that was what the camp wanted to do.

Comment

No chance. At all. KO loss by the 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Ward hit hard enough that the folks in there with him weren't open to getting hit by him again; discount that all you want, but no one was trying to walk through his shots like they do Malignaggi.

Talk about Allan Green, or whomever you want, Andre Ward (as the physically smaller man) just fought Sergey Kovalev, and Kovalev never even once thought about simply eating Ward's shot to fire his own.
                  its not like ward is figthing mayorga and margarito. he's fighting guys who box so why would they suddenly become margarito? makes no sense. also how do you walk through a guys shots if he's holding you after he throws? you want ward to have power because you secretly like power punches but unfortunately the guys you like don't have any i'm so sorry. at least you can pretend that they are exciting. thats the important part.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    If Andre Ward really was pillow-fisted, why has there never been a fighter in the ring with him who simply chose to just walk through Ward's shot?
                    ward's not pillow fisted? then who is? admit it. you love power punchers and wish ward was one. but he's not! he's pillow fisted and has to move and clinch cause he can't match his opponents in power. you got stuck with the dud boring fighters and you hate it.

Comment

Andre Ward is a national treasure

Comment

Working...
                      X