Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs this era's best Super Middleweights, how would he have performed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
    Let's start small fellas. Roy went a looong stretches without losing a ROUND.

Who on the list has the best chances of possibly appearing to win one single round?

If I had to throw one fighter out there for one round against a prime jones and hope he could win it, it would be Calzaghe. So, just based on that I'm pick Slappy as the only one to stand a chance.

Slappy > than all current 168 pounders. Ward very close, Direll = wildcard.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Ward vs Dawson and Dirrell are fights that need to happen, so that Ward is not plagued with ducking defensive style fighters. So far he's shown he's superior against the fighters he supposed to be superior against[at least in my eyes, I favored him over Kessler, Abraham, Green, Bika, Froch, Miranda]. But the fights that are 50-50 for me, are Ward vs Dirrell and Ward vs Dawson. At least he's fighting Dawson. Then after that, if he wins, he can take his "easy" fight against Kessler II or Froch II, and I want him to fight Andre Dirrell after that. Not saying Ward needs to prove himself, he already, winning the Super 6 was not easy at all, he made it look a bit easy, barely losing rounds, but it wasn't easy.
      Depends on how Dawson can perform at 168. But I agree, his resume consists of guys that are right there in front of him.

Comment

Forgot how unbeatable RJ is in fantasy fights...

Montell Griffin can frustrate and win rounds against Roy, but no one in history would be able to compete against him let alone beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          Forgot how unbeatable RJ is in fantasy fights...

Montell Griffin can frustrate and win rounds against Roy, but no one in history would be able to compete against him let alone beat him.
          And what happened when Jones showed up serious? Answer: They had to use a squeegee to scrape Griffin's splattered remains out of the ring after one round.

End thread.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            And what happened when Jones showed up serious? Answer: They had to use a squeegee to scrape Griffin's splattered remains out of the ring after one round.

End thread.

Poet
            Don't you think Ward could hang with Jones poet?

doesnt his wins over Allen green and Arthur Abraham give us insight into how he'd handle Jones style?

Comment

Bottom line is Roy Jones is a completely different class of fighter than the dudes in the Super 6. As is James Toney and Bernard Hopkins for that matter.

Poet

Comment

The fact that you bring up Montell Griffin as the "blueprint" for frustrating and winning rounds (Again JUST ROUNDS) doesn't help your argument at all.

What other fighter do you debate rounds they lost? Not fights, but rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
                  Don't you think Ward could hang with Jones poet?

doesnt his wins over Allen green and Arthur Abraham give us insight into how he'd handle Jones style?
                  Allen who? Arthur Eurofraud? Please. Those two MIGHT qualify to carry to carry Jones' spit-bucket.

But that's about it.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    The fact that you bring up Montell Griffin as the "blueprint" for frustrating and winning rounds (Again JUST ROUNDS) doesn't help your argument at all.

What other fighter do you debate rounds they lost? Not fights, but rounds?
                    Ward.

Mayweather too, but yeah, Ward.

Not taking anything away from Roy btw, he's one of the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      Ward.

Mayweather too, but yeah, Ward.

Not taking anything away from Roy btw, he's one of the best ever.
                      Ward undoubtedly dropped rounds to Arthur Abraham.

Jones>Ward and that's the end of it.

Losing 3 rounds to Abraham means Jones is just in a different class to you, jones wouldnt have lost 3 seconds to him, would have beaten the **** out of him and given him his first stoppage loss.

Ward lost rounds to him early, came back and pitter pattered his way to a UD, not impressed tbh.

Comment

Working...
                      X