Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: ESPN's Loma-Rigo Drew 1.73M Viewers; No. 2 on Cable Since 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight was put on ESPN to prevent the public from finding out about it if Lomachenkdoe lost doe.... LalinPromotions

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Two foreigners fighting in a bingo hall, drawing massive ratings ; only in the great U.S.A! lets see this happen in any other country - land of opportunity!
      The UK has drawn 6 or so million for various khan and Frampton fights lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dramacyde View Post
        Most of those people watching were Cubans, nobody really gives a **** about Lomachenko

Comment

Even though the fight wasn't competitive; it's nice to know that a fight that looked that amazing on paper, and with historic implications (regardless of how it actually played out) got the big numbers.

People can say boxing is dead as much as they want and kick it when it's down, but boxing will never disappear.
          It is a fundamental sport.

Thankful it's been getting so good lately. Hoping for 2018 to keep things moving with GGG/Canelo 2, Loma vs. Garcia/Linares, Spence vs. Thurman, Crawford vs. Horn and then maybe Spence/Thurman/someone with Haymon at 147 etc.

Also, random, but can EA or somebody out there make a new video game already? One of the best ways to keep new fans coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Max Kellerman is on suicide watch ever since HBO burned themselves by turning their back on Manny and Arum last year. He can't sit ringside at Crawford or Loma fights now and his idol Ward is retired. LOL.
            doesnt kellerman work for espn ? would love if there was a way to get him to call some fights

Comment

Originally posted by Dramacyde View Post
              Most of those people watching were Cubans, nobody really gives a **** about Lomachenko
              really, lets look at their instagram followers counts shall we?

Loma 535k
              Rigo 181k

go **** your self dummy

Comment

That is great, it is unfortunately that the Audience didn't get a better Card and Main Event. Got a boost from the Heisman Presentation that was on right before it just like Spence Jr got a boot from the Olympics Closing Ceremony but who cares a Win is a Win for Boxing

Comment

Originally posted by JohnP2 View Post
                  Personally, I don't think casuals care much about names. They just want to see someone get knocked the **** out. Regarding these TV numbers....it's interesting as it notes "cable". Something tells me Errol v Bundu drew a larger audience (on NBC..after the gold medal boxing). Could be wrong though. I hope NBC, CBS, Fox have some dollars for boxing in 2018.
                  All the cards on network TV were higher than this. It denotes cable (paid TV) because its only referring to FS1, Spike, ESPN, HBO, and Showtime. Network TV (is free TV) consists of ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX.

Some of the PBC cards on NBC pulled over 3 million views. (I think 3 of them did; one with Spence, and two with Thurman)

But 3 million on Network TV isn't groundbreaking. Although great for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Fight was put on ESPN to prevent the public from finding out about it if Lomachenkdoe lost doe.... LalinPromotions
                    Clearly you are smarter than that...where else is Loma going to fight when he's signed to ESPN...Showtime or Fox!?

No wait a minute....when posters make a fool of themselves fabricating what was initially mentioned....no promotion work innit...so that n
                    Less can tune in..!!!!!!

I mean...why try efforts to be half of what Pac vs Horn was.... I mean...no promotonal work for 5 Months yet the commentart team said, "oh my god..two Olympian's on our network, never been done in boxing before, so let's not hype this fight for Derranged!!!" -Dan Rafael

Redd Foxx

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                      1.73 million disappointed viewers for this garbage fight..a total letdown for me.. waited till dec 9 and all i got was disappointed
                      Blame Rigo

Comment

Working...
                      X