Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: Crawford is Scared, Top Rank Prevented The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: Crawford is Scared, Top Rank Prevented The Fight

Pacquiao says Crawford is scared of him
    By JOSEF T. RAMOS, TMT
    October 20, 2018

Reigning World Boxing Association welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao said that unbeaten American boxer Terence Crawford is scared of him and is avoiding to fight him for too long.

“Takot lang siya (Crawford) matagal na siyang iniiwas sa akin (He is just afraid and the promoters are preventing him from fighting me for a long time),” the eight-division world champion Pacquiao (60-7-2 win-loss-draw record with 39 knockouts) told reporters during the media launch of the ISPS Handa and Emmanuel & Jinkee Heart Foundation Inc. on Wednesday at the Makati Shangrila Hotel in Makati City.

The 39-year-old fighting senator is responding to Crawford’s comment that seems to belittle the Filipino ring icon.

Manny Pacquiao AFP FILE PHOTO

“He (Pacquiao) is not a champion in my eyes. He doesn’t have the super belt. That’s the champion in my eyes. I look at the number one champion in the division,” Crawford told boxingscene.com last week.

Crawford (34-0 record with 25 knockouts) scored a late round technical knockout triumph over compatriot Jose Benavidez (27-1 record with 18 knockouts) on October 13 in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska, to retain the World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight belt.

Crawford, 31, a former unified junior welterweight champion, also dethroned Australian Jeff Horn on July 9 by way of technical knockout. Horn beat Pacquiao through a controversial unanimous decision to snatch the WBO welterweight belt on July 2, 2017.

“I don’t look at the WBC Silver and the interim belts and all that. I look at the super and the actual champion of the division, said Crawford.”

Pacquiao became a champ again after beating Lucas Matthysse via seventh round technical knockout on July 15 in Malaysia for the WBA crown.

Asked about retirement plans, Pacquiao replied: “Not yet.”

Bob Arum is yet to comment on Pacquiao’s statement on Crawford.

Pacquiao, who is now promoting his fights with his own MP Promotion, recently announced that he would be fighting Adrien Broner in the US in January.

The fight is seen as a tune-up bout for a rematch against Floyd Mayweather Jr. also next year.

https://www.manilatimes.net/pacquiao...of-him/454369/

I really don't think Crawford is scared of Manny. I think Crawford frustrates Manny over 12 the same way Floyd did.

Comment

I have Manny higher than others around here but he would get beat by Crawford nowadays.

Comment

Pac is just telling the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
          Pacquiao says Crawford is scared of him
          By JOSEF T. RAMOS, TMT
          October 20, 2018

Reigning World Boxing Association welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao said that unbeaten American boxer Terence Crawford is scared of him and is avoiding to fight him for too long.

“Takot lang siya (Crawford) matagal na siyang iniiwas sa akin (He is just afraid and the promoters are preventing him from fighting me for a long time),” the eight-division world champion Pacquiao (60-7-2 win-loss-draw record with 39 knockouts) told reporters during the media launch of the ISPS Handa and Emmanuel & Jinkee Heart Foundation Inc. on Wednesday at the Makati Shangrila Hotel in Makati City.

The 39-year-old fighting senator is responding to Crawford’s comment that seems to belittle the Filipino ring icon.

Manny Pacquiao AFP FILE PHOTO

“He (Pacquiao) is not a champion in my eyes. He doesn’t have the super belt. That’s the champion in my eyes. I look at the number one champion in the division,” Crawford told boxingscene.com last week.

Crawford (34-0 record with 25 knockouts) scored a late round technical knockout triumph over compatriot Jose Benavidez (27-1 record with 18 knockouts) on October 13 in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska, to retain the World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight belt.

Crawford, 31, a former unified junior welterweight champion, also dethroned Australian Jeff Horn on July 9 by way of technical knockout. Horn beat Pacquiao through a controversial unanimous decision to snatch the WBO welterweight belt on July 2, 2017.

“I don’t look at the WBC Silver and the interim belts and all that. I look at the super and the actual champion of the division, said Crawford.”

Pacquiao became a champ again after beating Lucas Matthysse via seventh round technical knockout on July 15 in Malaysia for the WBA crown.

Asked about retirement plans, Pacquiao replied: “Not yet.”

Bob Arum is yet to comment on Pacquiao’s statement on Crawford.

Pacquiao, who is now promoting his fights with his own MP Promotion, recently announced that he would be fighting Adrien Broner in the US in January.

The fight is seen as a tune-up bout for a rematch against Floyd Mayweather Jr. also next year.

https://www.manilatimes.net/pacquiao...of-him/454369/
          Pac-man doesn't scare Crawford. Crawford would take that fight in a heatbeat. Its a big money fight and probably much easier than a fight with someone like Errol Spence.

Comment

pac will give crawford a beating his daddy never did. yall can bet on that! mofo aint gon be sticking his tongue out nomo when pac is done with him.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
              Pac-man doesn't scare Crawford. Crawford would take that fight in a heatbeat. Its a big money fight and probably much easier than a fight with someone like Errol Spence.
              tell bob to call Al then!

Comment

crawford will be shock once he face pac in the ring.

Comment

Western media is cradling Terrence Crawford's career.

No one is reporting about this except for PH sources.

Also, Reddit Boxing hides any threads/posts I make regarding this.

Apparently, it's propaganda-driven too.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                    tell bob to call Al then!
                    Its right at the top of my to do list.

Comment

Working...
                    X