Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had a better farewell fight - Froch or Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who had a better farewell fight - Froch or Ward?

There is a lot of similarities between the two. They both retired after the rematches they took after the controversial victories.

Carl broke the record for the attendance post WW2 in the UK. Had a great build up for the fight and finished it in a brutal fashion.

Most people had Andre losing the first Sergey fight and then took the rematch. He started to dominate the 2nd part of the fight and although it was close, one could have seen where it is going. Referee partly ruined it with the weak stoppage, but they were only to be one winner in that fight.

Who do you think had a better final fight?
    Ward
    31.82%
    Froch
    68.18%

Froch had a contraversial stoppage in the first, Ward lost the first and got a gift. big difference there.

Froch had a brutal KO infront of 80,000 people. Ward had a bizarre Testicular TKO when the scorecards were level infront of a few thousand. Huge difference there.

How is this even a question ?

Comment

Froch retired at the perfect time. Ward too soon

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        Froch had a contraversial stoppage in the first, Ward lost the first and got a gift. big difference there.

Froch had a brutal KO infront of 80,000 people. Ward had a bizarre Testicular TKO when the scorecards were level infront of a few thousand. Huge difference there.

How is this even a question ?
        I see your point but Ward was fighting the monster in Kovalev, while Froch was fighting up and coming fighter in Groves.

If it was the same level of the opponent I would definitely go with Froch, but it wasn't. You can't compare Groves to Kovalev. So I am curious what people think.

Comment

Tony Weeks robbed ward of a fantastic finish to a farewell fight. Froch often talks about the last punch he threw KO Groves. Ward's last shot was a pretty clear low blow. I wouldn't want that to be my last punch thrown

Comment

the last punch of wards professional career was one of the most blatant low blows ever

doesn't get much worse than that

i really thought he would come back for a positive memory fight even against a lesser opponent before considering retirement just to get the taste out of everyones mouth

actually i still feel that way. I think he's pulling a floyd. Nobody wants to retire like that.
            Last edited by ////; 09-22-2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              Tony Weeks robbed ward of a fantastic finish to a farewell fight. Froch often talks about the last punch he threw KO Groves. Ward's last shot was a pretty clear low blow. I wouldn't want that to be my last punch thrown
              Originally posted by //// View Post
              the last punch of wards professional career was one of the most blatant low blows ever

doesn't get much worse than that

i really thought he would come back for a positive memory fight even against a lesser opponent before considering retirement just to get the taste out of everyones mouth

actually i still feel that way. I think he's pulling a floyd. Nobody wants to retire like that.
              I voted Froch but you lot are spreading poison on here and trying to tarnish Ward. Kovalev got stopped fair and square. His last punch was a punch to Krushas belly FACT.
              Last edited by REMOVE SHARK 55; 09-22-2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                I voted Froch but you lot are spreading prison on here and trying to tarnish Ward. Kovalev got stopped fair and square. His last punch was a punch to Krushas belly FACT.
                uhh dude the footage is all over the internet, why even try?

it wasn't just a nut shot it was an exceptionally low nut shot. You rarely see them that low.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                  I voted Froch but you lot are spreading prison on here and trying to tarnish Ward. Kovalev got stopped fair and square. His last punch was a punch to Krushas belly FACT.
                  You have damn near lost your mind since canelo got beaten buddy, i just hope you have support near when linares splatters your boy tomorrow night

Comment

Ward went out with a better victory but Froch got to end his career being loved so I'd vote him. Ward ends with people claiming it was a low blow. Froch ended as a warrior and hero to his country.

Comment

Working...
                    X