Comments Thread For: Thurman Should Go After Pacquiao Right Now, Says Mancini

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
    You just don’t get it, do you?
    Arum was responsible for him fighting those bums, he did not want to fight Horn, he wanted to fight Khan but Arum sabotaged it by threatening to sue the financiers from the Middle East because according to him, Pac’s contract with Top Rank was still valid. On top of that, he wanted to use Pac to boost the Crawford vs Horn ppv sales by putting Pac vs Alvarado as co main event. Pac was insulted so he refused to do that and without Pac, the Crawford vs Horn fight is not ppv worthy and Arum didn’t have any choice but to postpone it. That’s why Pac dumped Arum, something he should have done long time ago. Now, Arum is doing the exact same thing on Crawford, that’s why he doesn’t fight nobody but bums and it will never stop until he dumps Arum. Thurman has the real WBA belt, if Pac won’t get the Mayweather rematch, the WBA unification with Thurman is his best option, he didn’t sign up with Haymon for nothing.
    ---------------------------------------

I don't doubt that Arum played a huge part in PAC's career but what about Mathysse and Broner?
    Why couldn't PAC go after Spence or Porter or any legit WW contender?

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
      If can say past prime Manny is fighting bums then you can also say Spence, Crawford, Thurman, Mikey, Porter are all been fighting bums... in their prime!

The Terrence Crawford unification was against some weak ass fighters. Gamboa was still his best opponent after it was all said and done...

Will Bud ever fight someone that weighs 17 lbs more on fight night at the Junior MW division for a title... and beat him?
      -------------------------------

English bro, English!!! Stick to Pacman. Why are you mentioning Spence, Thurman etc fighting bums. I don't care about them.

I made factual points about PACMAN. Unless you don't understand English please explain why PAC fought Rios or Algieri or Horn or Mathysse or Broner or a weight drained Cotto, Margarito, and Oscar or Mosley after Mosley had just lost to Floyd?

Can you answer that question without mentioning other fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by Mzembe View Post

I don't doubt that Arum played a huge part in PAC's career but what about Mathysse and Broner?
        Why couldn't PAC go after Spence or Porter or any legit WW contender?
        The Malaysian financiers paid him Good money to fight Matthysse and he co promoted it with Golden Boy Promotions. After that he signed up with Haymon to fight Broner (he made good money too ) but something big is coming after the Broner fight, it could be the Money May rematch (they met in Japan and when these 2 guys meet in person, you could expect them to fight just like the first time), even Thurman is convinced that there will be a Mayweather vs Pac rematch.
        If it doesn’t happen, I’ll be happy to see him fight Thurman for WBA unification.
        I believe Haymon is a decent guy and he will make it happen. He is not a snake like Arum. I feel sorry for Crawford, Arum will keep matching him with bums from Top Rank.
        Last edited by Bluebird; 02-02-2019, 12:10 AM.

Comment

fook thurman! he can get it whenever he's ready. and anyone that's down with thurman, just letting yall know when we roll up, we clapping at all of yall.

Comment

HAha, yeah "go after Pacman". Thurman would realize real quick that he is the prey who jumped into the cage with the lion, not the other way around.

Comment

-------------------------------

English bro, English!!! Stick to Pacman. Why are you mentioning Spence, Thurman etc fighting bums. I don't care about them.

I made factual points about PACMAN. Unless you don't understand English please explain why PAC fought Rios or Algieri or Horn or Mathysse or Broner or a weight drained Cotto, Margarito, and Oscar or Mosley after Mosley had just lost to Floyd?

Can you answer that question without mentioning other fighters?
              Can you name a boxer that was better than Rios Algeri Horn or Mathysse willing to fight Pacquioa?

In English bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Serum View Post
                Can you name a boxer that was better than Rios Algeri Horn or Mathysse willing to fight Pacquioa?

In English bro.

The fact that you didn't mention all the other names I listed means you agree with me since you've challenged me with these three. So here goes nothing ....

PAC fought Horn in 2017 - At that time Spence, Porter, were available and were belt holders. There were better names than Horn. In fact you probably had no idea who Jeff Horn was before PAC announced he was fighting him.

Mathysse was last year and he was all washed up. Why fight Mathysse and not any top 3 WW belt holder or contender?

Did you even know who Algieri was before PAC fought him?

How can you be so delusional to defend those choices?

Comment

The Malaysian financiers paid him Good money to fight Matthysse and he co promoted it with Golden Boy Promotions. After that he signed up with Haymon to fight Broner (he made good money too ) but something big is coming after the Broner fight, it could be the Money May rematch (they met in Japan and when these 2 guys meet in person, you could expect them to fight just like the first time), even Thurman is convinced that there will be a Mayweather vs Pac rematch.
                  If it doesn’t happen, I’ll be happy to see him fight Thurman for WBA unification.
                  I believe Haymon is a decent guy and he will make it happen. He is not a snake like Arum. I feel sorry for Crawford, Arum will keep matching him with bums from Top Rank.
                  ------------------------------------------

You "feel sorry for Crawford that Arum will keep matching him with BUMS".

That's what's been happening to PAC since he moved up in weight in 2008 when he fought David Diaz. How you can say that about Crawford (which I don't disagree with you) and not see that PAC did the same thing over the last 10 years with the exception of two fights is mind boggling.

Comment

------------------------------------------

You "feel sorry for Crawford that Arum will keep matching him with BUMS".

That's what's been happening to PAC since he moved up in weight in 2008 when he fought David Diaz. How you can say that about Crawford (which I don't disagree with you) and not see that PAC did the same thing over the last 10 years with the exception of two fights is mind boggling.
                    Of course I saw Pac did the same thing for a while but he still became one of boxing’s biggest cash cows, didn’t he? And you have to realize Arum is a great manipulator, he made Pac believe that it’s him who turned Pac into one of boxing’s biggest stars and he needs to return the favor. It took Pac a while to realize he didn’t owe Arum nothing, at least he made the right move when he dumped Arum, something he should have done long time ago. Now Crawford is Arum’s next victim, the only difference is he will never be one of the biggest cash cows like Pac unless he dumps Arum, that’s exactly what I meant when I said I feel sorry for Crawford.
                    Last edited by Bluebird; 02-07-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Of course I saw Pac did the same thing for a while but he still became one of boxing’s biggest cash cows, didn’t he? And you have to realize Arum is a great manipulator, he made Pac believe that it’s him who turned Pac into one of boxing’s biggest stars and he needs to return the favor. It took Pac a while to realize he didn’t owe Arum nothing, at least he made the right move when he dumped Arum, something he should have done long time ago. Now Crawford is Arum’s next victim, the only difference is he will never be one of the biggest cash cows like Pac unless he dumps Arum, that’s exactly what I meant when I said I feel sorry for Crawford.
                      ------------------------------------------------------

Gotcha. We are in agreement then.

My take in all this is that I don't think Crawford is the next big thing or that he will last as WW champ much longer. Spence beats him and I think Thurman does too.

Hell, Floyd at 42 will beat him too.

The only way Crawford holds on to that illusion is if he continues to fight BUMS the way Manny did. Once in a while throw in a good scrap against a good opponent would help.

Conclusion is Manny could have been great. He had the minerals to beat legit WW and Jr WW but just found ways to pick on bums.

Comment

Working...
                      X