Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full transcript of Anthony Joshua talking to his corner between rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not bad advice at all.. He told AJ too tie him up and work the jab, he didn't. AJ seems to have very low ring iq. That's a problem. You can't rely on your trainer to tell you everything you need to do. AJ didn't even enforce the basics against a come forward fighter. Jab and move, tie up. He allowed Ruiz to easily get on the inside and traded which was careless.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      This is what I’ve been saying. Everyone saying AJ needs a new trainer when he didn’t follow a single instruction
      Yea, I honestly think it was sound advice. People here want to criticize the corner but how can you criticize a strategy AJ wouldn't follow? It was not to load up, not to plant the feet. Look at how AJ got caught! Fking planting his feet or not maintaining range as Ruiz moved. My coach used to tell me that tall guys should never lose to small, heavy guys because all the physical advantages are theirs. AJ should have been able to keep him off with the 1-2 all night. But, he wasn't respecting Ruiz. If he would have done his best Klitschko impersonation like McCracken was imploring him to, I fully believe he wouldn't have lost.

And, the worst thing I saw, was the way AJ took punches. Ruiz isn't a crisp or accurate puncher. But, AJ was turning the wrong way, not slipping his head to deflect the impact. He was clenching up and panicking like an amateur.

Comment

It was too much pressure on AJ, I think he cracked. He tried to control everything... The long discussions from the round 1 are bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by Mash121 View Post
          Not bad advice at all.. He told AJ too tie him up and work the jab, he didn't. AJ seems to have very low ring iq. That's a problem. You can't rely on your trainer to tell you everything you need to do. AJ didn't even enforce the basics against a come forward fighter. Jab and move, tie up. He allowed Ruiz to easily get on the inside and traded which was careless.
          The start of the end in the 7th was when AJ did exactly what he was told not to do. He threw a left hook and Ruiz got him first with one.

McCracken has been getting some criticism but his advice was solid enough there

Comment

He got KTFO in sparring by some bum named Deweyko

Comment

Micracka: "keep using the jab 1-2 hut-hut jab 1-2 left right hut hut blue 42!!

AJ: "Wot am I spose'd to do tho, guv'ner?"

Micracka: "jab jab 1-2, hut-hut 1-2 blue 42......."

AJ Botta jump ship yo

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyValmer View Post
                He got KTFO in sparring by some bum named Deweyko
                He got knocked out by Malcolm in the middles younger brother? Says it all really, UK bums on suicide watch

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post

After Round 4

McCracken: Come on listen. All that happened was you hurt him and you rushed in and he caught you. Put your legs out. Do what you gotta do... Solid jab and the right hand, just moving, defending with your head movement and your hands alright? Keep the hands up when you're boxing. AJ's face. Don't come down

AJ: What shot was it?

McCracken: He caught you with a hook because you loaded up, alright? So let's just keep the hands up. Listen you're back in the game, jab jab right hand, calm, you'll break him down you can do this. If you stay busy for two rounds you can do this. Come on!

After Round 5

McCracken: Don't look for hooks

AJ: He got me with a hook?

McCracken: Yeah he caught you with a hook because you loaded up with your own hook. Jab jab right hand, listen we've got to win these rounds now mate, come on let's get into gear now. Come on let's get boxing again

AJ: What will he come out and do?

McCracken: He'll come out and try a stalk you and throw hooks

AJ: Yeah

After Round 6

McCracken: All you've got to do is start throwing your 1-2s alright? Have a drink alright. All you've got to do is start throwing your 1-2s mate. And shoot the odd body shot down that's all you've got to do

AJ: Why am I feeling like this though?

McCracken: You've just got to time him, if you hit him you'll slow him right down. Deep breaths... Come on you can do this... jab jab right hand

AJ: Yeah. What shots will catch him?

McCracken: Left and right, left and right long, and then look for the hook round the side

AJ: What shot caught him though?

McCracken: The jab and the right hand. Come on uppercut and hook as well inside. When you block uppercut come on. Be busier though Josh

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comm...medium=ios_app

Credits to : u/huntergreeny
                  These are the concerning ones to me. He was feeling funny and most importantly he forgot what he already asked before. He asked twice which shot put him down and he forgot it the next round. Concussion?

Comment

Very telling. They didn't want anything short because they were worried about the speed. That's why AJ was hyperventilating.

Comment

Only bad advice his corner gave him in this situation was telling him to clinch. Ruiz started lighting him on the inside. Good advice against most heavyweights.. bad advice against short Mexicans.

Comment

Working...
                      X