Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better resume: Naoya Inoue or "Gallo" Estrada?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
    I'm joking with that "trash" adjective.

I know, Payano, McDonnell and Rodríguez are not bad fighters, they are good fighters but they are not elite level. And they does not have much achievements and good wins

Best win of Rodríguez is a close win against Moloney. For example.

They are levels below of Cuadras.

And it's not fair compare how good Inoue looked against him and how Estrada looked against much better rivals.

Brevity does not care, Inoue had a great amateur career and till this moment, he has a soft career without great rivals.

I like Inoue, he is a great fighter and I said in other forum that he has the ceil to be the best fighter from Japan and the second best of Asia (first place Pacquiao).

But the ultimate hype about him is INSANE.

Fans are disrespecting other fighters saying "Inoue would kill him in two rounds" just because he K.O'd some fighters that are not great fighters .

This was exactly what happened with GGG before Jacobs and canelo fights

Fu.ck, people is saying Inoue would kill Valdez or he Will fight in 147 pounds...

It's not the fault of Inoue but this is insane.
    Big big hype for the little man indeed, so I guess I can at least get where you're coming from. I ain't one of those doing that though I do think Naoya is an exceptional fighter and look forward to seeing how far he will go. Dearly hope we do get to see Estrada vs Inoue at some point in the future.

Comment

What's your opinión about Inoue ducking González fight?

At that time, he was two division champion of the world
      At the time it was a clear duck as Chocolatito was on his prime, P4P#1

Comment

Originally posted by thecomedian2 View Post
        At the time it was a clear duck as Chocolatito was on his prime, P4P#1
        I know man, that was a clear duck but I don't know why people never said anything about this

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Big big hype for the little man indeed, so I guess I can at least get where you're coming from. I ain't one of those doing that though I do think Naoya is an exceptional fighter and look forward to seeing how far he will go. Dearly hope we do get to see Estrada vs Inoue at some point in the future.
          He is a great young champion but at this moment he does not hace a great win in his resume

Old Donaire would be a good test.

I like.more a fight of Inoue vs Nery, Estrada is smaller and his right hand is fu.cked , he Lost his power because the múltiple injuries.

I want Estrada to clean out 115 and get a rematch vs Román González , then move up to 118.

But I think Inoue would be fighting in 122 sooner or later. And maybe in 126

Comment

If you're comparing two fighters, and one fighter has beaten someone ranked P4P and the other hasn't. Then obviously the guy who has beaten the P4P ranked fighter is going to have a better resume.

I believe what you're intimating with this lop-sided question is that you believe Estrada should be ranked higher on the P4P list than Inoue because he has a better resume.

Fortunately the eye test in this case is far more important that resumes.

Inoue has special qualities that Estrada simply does not possess.

Inoue is a briefcase fighter, Estrada is a lunch pail fighter. Mind you, Estrada does have skills, I'm not taking anything away from Estrada. But his victories are hard earned. They're not easy. He also has 3 losses.

He can't do what Inoue just did to Rodriguez.

Inoue is also 3 years younger and has accomplished more.

Inoue is rightly ranked much higher than Estrada despite the fact that he doesn't have a P4P fighter on his resume.

Eye test> Resume sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
              If you're comparing two fighters, and one fighter has beaten someone ranked P4P and the other hasn't. Then obviously the guy who has beaten the P4P ranked fighter is going to have a better resume.

I believe what you're intimating with this lop-sided question is that you believe Estrada should be ranked higher on the P4P list than Inoue because he has a better resume.

Fortunately the eye test in this case is far more important that resumes.

Inoue has special qualities that Estrada simply does not possess.

Inoue is a briefcase fighter, Estrada is a lunch pail fighter. Mind you, Estrada does have skills, I'm not taking anything away from Estrada. But his victories are hard earned. They're not easy. He also has 3 losses.

He can't do what Inoue just did to Rodriguez.

Inoue is also 3 years younger and has accomplished more.

Inoue is rightly ranked much higher than Estrada despite the fact that he doesn't have a P4P fighter on his resume.

Eye test> Resume sometimes.
              What a stu.pid post.

Eye test? My balls

It's all about marketing

Inoue is an Idol of Japan, has like 300 k followers on Instagram

Estrada has like 20 k and nobody knows him in México

Estrada is a better fighter than Inoue

Inoue has more punches but he does not have more skills and he is not proven in a high level

Estrada would school Rodríguez easily.

Inoue has more power, thats the difference

P4P list means sh.it.

Resume is much more inportant.

Because you can look impressive against lesser rivals

GGG was the same case

And with Jacobs and Canelo was too different, right?

Inoue does not deserve to be in a top-5 P4P list because he is not proven in the high level

If Inoue beat a legit p4p fighter in this way, he would be in that select list

By the time, he below of Usyk, Loma, Canelo, GGG, Crawford and Estrada

Is not the same fight with McDonald at fight with Román González or Sor Rungvisai.

Comment

Estrada has the much better resumé. In a fight between Estrada and Inoue I’d take Inoue though. Inoue has the frame to go up to 126. Estrada’s max weight will be 118. I think Inoue’s natural size advantage would be too much for Estrada.

And in my opinion Estrada only has 1 loss, which was to Sanchez Jr., and he avenged it. I scored the Gonzalez fight and first Rungvisai fight for Estrada.

Comment

Do you know spanish?

https://boxeomundial.com/naoya-inoue...tito-gonzalez/

He said that he was too green to fight with Gonzalez (he was two division champion at the time).

That he needed 4 fights more.

He was 22 years and múltiple champion

Inoue and González were champions of Teiken of Akihiro Honda .

The negotiations stopped because Honda and Inoue team never wanted that fight

Gonzalez wanted the fight because he knows the fight would make good money in Japan because he was a famous fighter there
                  The link you posted actually references a BoxingScene article. So we can all read it in English:

Inoue: I Need a Few More Fights Before Roman Gonzalez
                  https://www.boxingscene.com/inoue-i-...onzalez--97665

Comment

Man, I think I already gave you my opinion on P4P as a concept (it's nonsense) but you really gonna be calling top ten - or even #1s in the case of a coupla Inoue's opponents - fighters in a division 'tomato cans'? You go down that road when your talking about Inoue and his seven successive opponents who have never been previously KOd you gotta wonder at the genius of his team for managing to know these guys were actually KOs waiting to happen.
                    Most would agree that a 36 yr old past prime Donaire will be Inoue's toughest opponent so far in his career. That speaks for itself. In my eyes he hasn't been tested, and for that reason I cannot rate him above fighters who have.

And whilst I don't do P4P and never thought GGG was actually the best fighter in the sport at any given moment what we saw in 2017 was a consensus that the 'can crusher' beat the dude some are now calling P4P #1 so I'm perhaps failing to understand your logic. Are you suggesting that having close fights with other elite fighters precludes one from being an elite fighter oneself?
                    My whole point is we should be giving fighters like Canelo and GGG more credit for fighting each other, instead of rewarding fighters who haven't stepped up to the plate and ranking them above fighters who have taken on a real challenge. All based on the "eye test".

And btw, very few people are calling Canelo p4p #1 even after he tamed GGG in that first fight and broke his face in the 2nd.

Comment

What a stu.pid post.

Eye test? My balls

It's all about marketing

Inoue is an Idol of Japan, has like 300 k followers on Instagram

Estrada has like 20 k and nobody knows him in México

Estrada is a better fighter than Inoue

Inoue has more punches but he does not have more skills and he is not proven in a high level

Estrada would school Rodríguez easily.

Inoue has more power, thats the difference

P4P list means sh.it.

Resume is much more inportant.

Because you can look impressive against lesser rivals

GGG was the same case

And with Jacobs and Canelo was too different, right?

Inoue does not deserve to be in a top-5 P4P list because he is not proven in the high level

If Inoue beat a legit p4p fighter in this way, he would be in that select list

By the time, he below of Usyk, Loma, Canelo, GGG, Crawford and Estrada

Is not the same fight with McDonald at fight with Román González or Sor Rungvisai.
                      Estrada looks like he's in a car crash in all of his wins.

Can you imagine what Inoue would've done to Cuadras? That would be a 1st round massacre. Estrada went 12 rounds with him.

I don't deny that Estrada would've beaten Rodriguez. He probably would have. But that's a 12 round fight. He'll take some shots in that fight as well, a lot of shots.

One guy is pretty, and looks pretty after all of his fights, and the other guy looks like he's been through a car crash everytime.

Not everyone can be special. Some have to work harder than others to achieve half the results. Others it comes naturally.

Comment

Working...
                      X