Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

36 year old GGG is 50/50 with 28 year prime Canelo, prime GGG trashes prime Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone explain to me the difference between 28 year old and 36 year old GGG? Cause i've watched a bunch of his early fights and I really don't see the difference. I haven't seen Golovkin decline at all.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
      Great post. This is why I consider GGG a middle weight GOAT. At 37 he's up there p4p with the best. Roy jones jr was getting koed by journeyman at 35. It's called consistency. According to the racist trolls, GGG can never be past his prime. He'll be in his prime till 45.
      Exactly, people seem to forget that no other active fighter can perform at the elite level as GGG can. All the other top p4p fighters are much younger.

Canelo at age 35 will be retired, possibly before then.

36 year old GGG was equal to a 28 year old Canelo.

How can anyone POSSIBLY argue that a prime young GGG beats s a prime Canelo? It is obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        Can someone explain to me the difference between 28 year old and 36 year old GGG? Cause i've watched a bunch of his early fights and I really don't see the difference. I haven't seen Golovkin decline at all.
        You cant be serious? Have you watched GGGs early fights at all? GGG was relentless, quick, fast, threw alot of combinations. Why do you think there is basically no offensive minded fighters in all of boxing who can still compete at the highest level at age 36+? GGG at 37 is still very good, but GGG at age 28-33 was just unreal and the reason why Canelo dropped his belt and all the other top fighters avoided him like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
          You cant be serious? Have you watched GGGs early fights at all? GGG was relentless, quick, fast, threw alot of combinations. Why do you think there is basically no offensive minded fighters in all of boxing who can still compete at the highest level at age 36+? GGG at 37 is still very good, but GGG at age 28-33 was just unreal and the reason why Canelo dropped his belt and all the other top fighters avoided him like the plague.

Fūck off. As stated by Bjl12 :

He ducked Andrade when he was volunteering to fight GGG on May 4th, Chose to get stripped of the belt instead of fighting Derevychenko and picked washed up Vanes who hadn’t fought for a year and his first time at MW.
          Dervenchenko and Andrade volunteered to fight GG on short notice. GG chose a retired JMW instead.

GG also ducked BJS, Lara, the Jacobs rematch (that was 6-6 but GG did win with the KD), Andre Ward at basically any weight, Brook at 157, etc.

Gennady is a good fighter, but he is his own worst enemy. He elected to fight part-time fight after part-time fighter instead of challenging himself.

He did 97k in PPV against David Lemiuex

Then he attempted to fight Canelo or Cotto and make demands on them. That's just not how boxing works. "A" side always calls the shots. Has since Sugar Ray Robinson. And it will long after Canelo.

Comment

Trolling and/or trying to keep triple jab relevant? Lmao please triple jab was never anything more than a can crusher with a fake smile

Comment

You cant be serious? Have you watched GGGs early fights at all? GGG was relentless, quick, fast, threw alot of combinations. Why do you think there is basically no offensive minded fighters in all of boxing who can still compete at the highest level at age 36+?

Jacobs and Canelo are 10x better than Proksa and Simon. No **** he looked great beating up cans like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Why did Canelo drop the belt
                I don't know, but he already fought Golovkin twice and beat him clearly in one of those fights

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                  Great post. This is why I consider GGG a middle weight GOAT. At 37 he's up there p4p with the best. Roy jones jr was getting koed by journeyman at 35. It's called consistency. According to the racist trolls, GGG can never be past his prime. He'll be in his prime till 45.
                  This is simply wrong. You guys are falling victim to "present" bias.

Just because Canelo is a PFP fighter now doesn't mean he would've been 15-20 years ago. And just because Canelo beat GG doesn't mean he's an ATG MW. Canelo is not an ATG MW. Canelo is a good, fun champion. He is not ATG in any manner and I'm a HUGE CANELO FAN.

It's the same deal with WW. People want to say Thurman is PFP or Porter or Danny G are PFP. They are not even close to PFP fighters. They are good CONTEMPORARY champions, but evn 10 years ago these guys would be gatekeepers.

Floyd, Manny, Cotto, old Mosley, Margarito, Bradley...every one of them beats ALL of Thurman, Porter, and Danny Garcia.

The MW division today is good, but I'm not convinced they are better than the 200-2010 generation of Sergio, PWilliams, Pavlik, Taylor, BHop, etc.

Yet you rate Golovkin the GOAT at MW with a 6-6 decision with (with the KD) over Danny Jacobs and a 6-6 fight with Canelo (which you scored a 7-5 win) before losing 7-5 to Canelo...and then an entire resume of part-time fighters. THAT is how you become the GOAT of a division? Those are some standards to live by...

Comment

Canelo made a great leap between the two Golovkin fights. PEDs may have helped, along with his own improvements, but part of the reason is Golovkin's decline, which we've seen for awhile now, at least since before the Monroe fight. The guy has slowed down, as most of us do (even when we aren't eating punches like he always does), in his mid 30s.

If you haven't gotten that old yet yourself, just wait. You'll see.

Comment

Canelo at age 35 will be retired, possibly before then.

36 year old GGG was equal to a 28 year old Canelo.
                      Probably you are right but that happens when you have been faced a better opposition
                      Canelo has been fighting the best since 22 years old, Lil G's first "elite" fighter was Jacobs at 32 or 33

Comment

Working...
                      X