No announcement yet.

NSB PICK 'EM #78 and #79 (Macao UTC+8) 31st December 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Weighing the winning score low would ensure that people have to do a little more than just pick the favorite, if they want to make it to the top spots of the leaderboard.

Winning such a contest would be harder and thus more special.

But for sure put it up for a vote. Let the players decide.
    Yeah that's exactly the result I'm hoping to achieve - it's just a matter of figuring the balance that most of the players prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      RESULT: Nietes, DEC, CLOSE.

Ok Gentlemen, I ain't gonna get this ish updated today - or maybe even tomorrow..

.. but I can tell you already that the top 3 players all made the same picks (DEC, CLOSE) on the same guys and myself and A.K (at #4 and #5) both rounded out the year with duds, so we won't be seeing any changes at the top.

(Unofficial) Congratulations to otrocubiche, NSB Pick 'em champion for 2018....

Congrats otrocubiche !!

and kudos to Koba for a job well done ...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Congratulations otrocubiche!

Instead of 20/10/10 why not do 10/20/20?

Anybody can guess who might win most of these fights, but getting the method and detail right are much more difficult and deserve to be rewarded much more highly.
        Not a bad idea, Roll. I won't be playing on here though. I will be sticking to the BoxRec one.

Too many fights. I prefer when it's one fight a week or even no fights some weekends so I can watch past fights of the fighters and carefully pick a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          Here is me going for it

A.k

Nietes Ioka Draw

Budler kyoguci Draw

Just need one to be right lol it would be crazy
          Kenyan Man, you are always running running but can't win.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            Not a bad idea, Roll. I won't be playing on here though. I will be sticking to the BoxRec one.

Too many fights. I prefer when it's one fight a week or even no fights some weekends so I can watch past fights of the fighters and carefully pick a winner.
            See how it runs, man... it's one of the topics I wanted to put to the players... whether they'd prefer more fights, fewer fights, only the more evenly matched fights and so on. Either way, be a shame to see you gone man. And thanks for all your help this year man...chances are this ish wouldn't have even got back on the rails without you (and john - wishing him well in this world or the next).

Was half hoping you might be available for some input this year as well, cos it's good to a get an opinion from someone who ain't US or UK based, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Either way, best wishes and may 2019 bring health and happiness to your and your loved ones, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              See how it runs, man... it's one of the topics I wanted to put to the players... whether they'd prefer more fights, fewer fights, only the more evenly matched fights and so on. Either way, be a shame to see you gone man. And thanks for all your help this year man...chances are this ish wouldn't have even got back on the rails without you (and john - wishing him well in this world or the next).

Was half hoping you might be available for some input this year as well, cos it's good to a get an opinion from someone who ain't US or UK based, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Either way, best wishes and may 2019 bring health and happiness to your and your loved ones, man.
              Man. I found myself getting burned out and having to guess or go with the odds for most because I couldn't watch all fights.

So yeah I am preferring the one fight per weekend or the evenly matched fights but it isn't up to me alone. Get the others views.

Comment

Nsb pick 'em #78 and #79 (12/31/18) picks and points tally.

NSB PICK 'EM #78 AND #79 (12/31/18) PICKS AND POINTS TALLY

RESULTS:

Nietes, DEC, CLOSE
                Kyoguchi, KO, LATE

DuckAdonis: 20 (0, 20)
                ShoulderRoll: 50 (30, 20) 1 perfect
                NC Uppercut: 20 (20, 0)
                SceneBoxer: 30 (30, 0) 1 perfect
                FrankieClutch: 60 (30, 30) 2 perfect.
                Mammoth: 30 (0, 30)
                The plunger man: 30 (0, 30)
                Idunnoshet: 20 (0, 20)