Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I Thought The Fight Would Be Much More Entertaining

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
    I thought the GGG/Canelo fights were far more entertaining than this one. At one point I was even wishing it was 3G in there to liven things up.

You know a fights a tad dull when you start looking forward to the judges scorecards before its even over, just hoping the reading of the cards is a bit more interesting than the fight (they weren't).

They both showed great skills, particularly defensive ones, but it felt a bit like Jacobs used his length to strangle the fight without leveraging off it to win it in any way. Felt a bit sorry for the commentators at a few points too trying to make the most of punches that were either ineffective or blocked amongst the slow periods.
    More "entertaining" cuz Punk G kept getting punched with everything..LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyValmer View Post
      He won't beat Kovalev. It will look like Errol vs Mikey all over again. The power difference is huge. Kovalev will walk Canelo down
      I think Nelo is banking on the body shots on kovalev cuz kovalev is soft in the body.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
        you saying dumb s*** like ggg just came to survive and he retreated let's me know all I need to know about your boxing knowledge or lack there of. Go ahead and find a time where ggg moved backwards or had his back against the ropes. He didn't stand in front of Canelo, but saying he came to survive, he ran let's me know that despite your denial, you're nothing more than a Canelo groupie.
        Read my post right fanboy. Don’t get all emotional I said Jacobs came to survive. He was content with just going the full 12. Quit being a female and stop with your biased comments. You post mire than anyone on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Senor_frogs View Post
          Read my post right fanboy. Don’t get all emotional I said Jacobs came to survive. He was content with just going the full 12. Quit being a female and stop with your biased comments. You post mire than anyone on here.
          actually, here is your exact quote where you said both Jacob's and ggg just came to survive. "Also, it’s hard to have an exciting fight when your opponent just came in to survive for 12 rounds. And that’s what Jacobs did. Just like GGG did in the second fight.". Sooooo, don't try to back track on your idiotic comment now that it's been exposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
            His power is enough to make rivals run and fought defensively like Lara, Golovkin and Jacobs.

His style?

He was forcing the fight against GGG ii and Jacobs
            just bc Canelo comes 4d doesnt mean he forcing the fight...he is mostly coming 4d in defensive, safe mode. He is not a pressure fighter ala Chavez Sr or Tito....thats why Jacobs never tired. Canelo hit Jacobs, Ggg clean and never came close to knockdown. He hit Cotto clean countless times - same result. His punches r fast and flashy.

Comment

actually, here is your exact quote where you said both Jacob's and ggg just came to survive. "Also, it’s hard to have an exciting fight when your opponent just came in to survive for 12 rounds. And that’s what Jacobs did. Just like GGG did in the second fight.". Sooooo, don't try to back track on your idiotic comment now that it's been exposed.
              Lol. You can’t say your boy GGG came to fight that night. He asked for a Mexican style fight and once he felt the punches he decided not to exchange and fight off the Jab all night something he’s never done in 30+ fights. Even Abel told him to not throw more that 2 punches because he was gonna get countered. Again, your a fanboy who never gives credit where credit is do. And you post way too much. More than anyone here.

Comment

Lol. You can’t say your boy GGG came to fight that night. He asked for a Mexican style fight and once he felt the punches he decided not to exchange and fight off the Jab all night something he’s never done in 30+ fights. Even Abel told him to not throw more that 2 punches because he was gonna get countered. Again, your a fanboy who never gives credit where credit is do. And you post way too much. More than anyone here.
                you may want to pay attention to the fact that there are people with 30,000 posts on here and many of them are Canelo nut huggers like yourself. Also, many of my posts are responses to idiots like you, who initiate convo with me and refuse to accept their inferiority when they've been exposed as fan boy groupies. See, I'm not a ggg fan. I've rooted against him and for him. I'm a boxing fan who has made the point of making you look stupid in response to you saying he just came to survive. He may not have fought the style of fight you wanted or expected, but he definitely came to win. The evidence is that of the 50 people on press row who scored his rematch with Canelo, only 2 scored it for Canelo. On the official scorecards, both ggg and jacobs were only 1 round off from the fight being scored a majority draw. But your cheerleader ass wants to say "they didn't come to win, just survive". Gtfoh you simple ******. You want to watch somebody just survive, again watch Garcia vs spence. Even better if you wanna watch a quitter, then watch Oscar vs pac and Bernard.

Comment

you may want to pay attention to the fact that there are people with 30,000 posts on here and many of them are Canelo nut huggers like yourself. Also, many of my posts are responses to idiots like you, who initiate convo with me and refuse to accept their inferiority when they've been exposed as fan boy groupies. See, I'm not a ggg fan. I've rooted against him and for him. I'm a boxing fan who has made the point of making you look stupid in response to you saying he just came to survive. He may not have fought the style of fight you wanted or expected, but he definitely came to win. The evidence is that of the 50 people on press row who scored his rematch with Canelo, only 2 scored it for Canelo. On the official scorecards, both ggg and jacobs were only 1 round off from the fight being scored a majority draw. But your cheerleader ass wants to say "they didn't come to win, just survive". Gtfoh you simple ******. You want to watch somebody just survive, again watch Garcia vs spence. Even better if you wanna watch a quitter, then watch Oscar vs pac and Bernard.
                  And like total Fanboy you let your female emotions get the best of you and turned this argument into a race thing and don’t say no cuz you only mentioned 2 Latino fighters in Oscar and Garcia. Yet you didn’t mention Kahn vs Crawford or how Roger Mayweather quit on his stool when he fought Chavez sr. Or more resent how AB wanted to quit vs Maidana by over playing the head butt so they can discualify MM. Also most professional fighters saw Cinnamon win the fights vs GGG. Which matters more cuz they’ve actually stepped in a ring unlike most of press row. Like I said before you have all the characteristics of a fanboy. Your biased emotional and post way toooooooo much
                  Last edited by Senor_frogs; 05-06-2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

And like total Fanboy you let your female emotions get the best of you and turned this argument into a race thing and don’t say no cuz you mentioned 2 Latino fighters in Oscar and Garcia. Yet you didn’t mention Kahn vs Crawford or how Roger Mayweather refused to continue when he fought Chavez sr. Or more resent how AB wanted to quit vs Maidana by over playing the head butt so the can discualify MM. Like I said before you have all the characteristics of a fanboy. Your biased emotional and post way toooooooo much
                    well I also failed to mention how Chavez Jr and sr and morales and r Marquez all quit too. Sorry that the 2 examples I chose hurt your v@gina.I didn't know you were Mexican but now that I know, I Should've figured. 95% of the emotional b****es who cry that others don't love Canelo as much as they do, are just other biased Mexicans who only defend him based on nationality. I thought Mexicans were supposed to be tough, but all I see on here are a bunch of whiney hos who sit in front of their couches and scream yayyyyyy Nelo b. You have a severe man crush on another man & get mad when that your border line gay obsession with that dude gets exposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
                      just bc Canelo comes 4d doesnt mean he forcing the fight...he is mostly coming 4d in defensive, safe mode. He is not a pressure fighter ala Chavez Sr or Tito....thats why Jacobs never tired. Canelo hit Jacobs, Ggg clean and never came close to knockdown. He hit Cotto clean countless times - same result. His punches r fast and flashy.
                      Chavez sr. Had great waist movement and good defense. He didn’t just rush in. He slipped and picked off shots while walking his man down.
                      So if what your saying is Canelo doesn’t possess power then why do his opponents choose to fight of the back foot. Jacobs never tried cuz he knew if he tried and go toe to toe there was a big possibility of him being dropped or ko’d.

Comment

Working...
                      X