No announcement yet.

How to not punch yourself out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to not punch yourself out?

Been boxing; I have the speed, the power, and the accuracy, but I sometimes punch myself out like how the stamina bar depletes when you throw too many punches in Fight Night. I use the peekaboo. I have this problem against people using the Philly Shell because I use my workrate to provoke a split (countering their counter) and they'd just block forever.

Any suggestions for training would be recommended.

Monitor your breathing (esp when the opponent is attacking) and don't muscle your way through the punches, pop them.

Comment

The peekaboo is a very tiring technique. That's why fighters like Tyson and Patterson who used it were burnt out in the second half of the fight.

Comment

So how would I improve my cardio so I could cope up with this?

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiabloLoco503 View Post
          So how would I improve my cardio so I could cope up with this?
          What does your entire routine look like right now?

Comment

LONG: My Life and Workout routine

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
            This is hella long, but you wanted ALL OF IT.

The human body hates change and I'm trying to trick my mind so it can adapt and make my end goal of sprinting a mile easier by running for a weekly volume goal. 15 miles a week with a 10% increase of total volume each week which means I'll run 16.5 next week. I run one day and rest the next in order to run the following day. I can run 3 miles easily and for my style, my coach told me I should be able to sprint a mile. I can only sprint a fouth without passing out. I also vary my running from jogs, half sprints, sprints, and walking. I also try to punch while running and I hold my guard high if I'm tired.

I visit the boxing gym and a fitness gym 3 times a week. I have a personal trainer for both my boxing (Former Olympic Boxer, a great that nobody knows) and fitness gym (ex-boxer at West Point who worked with Brian Viloria in his days in Hawaii). My boxing coach and trainer tell me my objectives and my fitness trainer tries to supplement that and help me to make those goals more reachable. Furthermore, he gives me discounts at GNC and other nutritional stores.

I'm also trying to workout on my own, but im always on the go. I'm in college and it's hard to balance all of these things. The worst part is that I got a 3 round fight this August in front of a boxing promoter named Oscar Muniz (the great) against another boxer he's interested in California who's known for his George Foreman style and deceptive long rhythm. He came from the projects in South Central LA, killed 7 people, and scared all the cholos in his area. I think he's a leader of a gang. He had a cross country background too... He's a bad dude... But I have more power, hand speed, foot speed, technique, and experience than him. We're both rookies, but I got him beat in fundamental boxing. Stamina is everyone's worry about me.

I have summer school, but when I do have time, I do circuit training. I use the following workouts to help me vary my circuits on my own time. I super hero workers who are known for their agility and precision in combat like Black Panther and Wolverine. (Can't post URLs due to my low post count)

Lastly, I'm on a ketogenic diet with healthy carbs like Quinoa and Yam and proteins like Chicken Breast, Tuna, and Steak. You are what you eat so I'm eating things that are fast and have the stamina I'm looking for in the wild because I want to be like them in the ring. For breakfast, I eat cereal, oatmeal, or protein pancakes. I'm on the go and I'm consulting my coach and personal fitness trainer about shakes, but I do take a multi vitamin and fish oil. I already lost 70 lbs from 297 to 226 currently. My coach told me I need to start bulking up at 210 because I'd be a glass canon, especially with the peekaboo.
            Last edited by ElDiabloLoco503; 05-25-2016, 02:44 PM. Reason: Misspelled ketogenic as kletogenic

Comment

This is hella long, but you wanted ALL OF IT.

The human body hates change and I'm trying to trick my mind so it can adapt and make my end goal of sprinting a mile easier by running for a weekly volume goal. 15 miles a week with a 10% increase of total volume each week which means I'll run 16.5 next week. I run one day and rest the next in order to run the following day. I can run 3 miles easily and for my style, my coach told me I should be able to sprint a mile. I can only sprint a fouth without passing out. I also vary my running from jogs, half sprints, sprints, and walking. I also try to punch while running and I hold my guard high if I'm tired.

I visit the boxing gym and a fitness gym 3 times a week. I have a personal trainer for both my boxing (Former Olympic Boxer, a great that nobody knows) and fitness gym (ex-boxer at West Point who worked with Brian Viloria in his days in Hawaii). My boxing coach and trainer tell me my objectives and my fitness trainer tries to supplement that and help me to make those goals more reachable. Furthermore, he gives me discounts at GNC and other nutritional stores.

I'm also trying to workout on my own, but im always on the go. I'm in college and it's hard to balance all of these things. The worst part is that I got a 3 round fight this August in front of a boxing promoter named Oscar Muniz (the great) against another boxer he's interested in California who's known for his George Foreman style and deceptive long rhythm. He came from the projects in South Central LA, killed 7 people, and scared all the cholos in his area. I think he's a leader of a gang. He had a cross country background too... He's a bad dude... But I have more power, hand speed, foot speed, technique, and experience than him. We're both rookies, but I got him beat in fundamental boxing. Stamina is everyone's worry about me.

I have summer school, but when I do have time, I do circuit training. I use the following workouts to help me vary my circuits on my own time. I super hero workers who are known for their agility and precision in combat like Black Panther and Wolverine. (Can't post URLs due to my low post count)

Lastly, I'm on a ketogenic diet with healthy carbs like Quinoa and Yam and proteins like Chicken Breast, Tuna, and Steak. You are what you eat so I'm eating things that are fast and have the stamina I'm looking for in the wild because I want to be like them in the ring. For breakfast, I eat cereal, oatmeal, or protein pancakes. I'm on the go and I'm consulting my coach and personal fitness trainer about shakes, but I do take a multi vitamin and fish oil. I already lost 70 lbs from 297 to 226 currently. My coach told me I need to start bulking up at 210 because I'd be a glass canon, especially with the peekaboo.
              That doesn't answer my question. When you go to the gym what do you do? How many rounds on which bags,sparring, etc.?

Don't be scared of the guy your facing. Matter of fact punch him right in the nose as soon as the opening bell rings. Stare at him the entire time up until the opening bell. I doubt he's a gang leader. If everyone knows that he killed people then the police would know too. People get away with murder but rarely do they when everyone knows about it.

Comment

That doesn't answer my question. When you go to the gym what do you do? How many rounds on which bags,sparring, etc.?

Don't be scared of the guy your facing. Matter of fact punch him right in the nose as soon as the opening bell rings. Stare at him the entire time up until the opening bell. I doubt he's a gang leader. If everyone knows that he killed people then the police would know too. People get away with murder but rarely do they when everyone knows about it.
                Thanks! Gonna keep that in mind. Let's see if his balls are still that big after I give him a few body punches.

For a routine, I don't necessarily have one. I go in the gym, shadow box for 1-2 rounds to warm up and do everything else (speed bag, heavy bag, jump rope, ect). If you can give me a weekly routine or at least one I can do everyday, that'd be sick!

Comment

Thanks! Gonna keep that in mind. Let's see if his balls are still that big after I give him a few body punches.

For a routine, I don't necessarily have one. I go in the gym, shadow box for 1-2 rounds to warm up and do everything else (speed bag, heavy bag, jump rope, ect). If you can give me a weekly routine or at least one I can do everyday, that'd be sick!
                  Well this could be your problem here. Start going to sleep and waking up at a set time for example go to sleep at 9/10pm and wake up at 6am. Get 8 hours of sleep.

Gym routine.

Skip rope 3 rounds
                  Shadowboxing 2 rounds
                  Heavy bag 3 rounds
                  Speedbag 2 rounds

Sparring and mitt work for however many rounds your trainer says.

You will have to figure out a seperate strength routine because they can be different for everybody. I would recommend pushups, pullups, core work, and running. Those should be the foundation of it. From experience weights whether they are done in low or high reps make me feel slow so you might learn from that unless you have more successful experience.

Comment

You've got to self regulate in the ring. If you feel that you are starting to gas you have already pushed too far.

Comment

Working...
                    X