Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it that people believe...........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
    You obviously have never tried Muay Thai, it's more than just receiving punches from a 10oz gloves, add shin kicks, knees and elbows to the face.

You may not receive punches in wrestling, but the body receives more pounding in wrestling from getting slammed. And, yes, there are wrestlers who won't get out of your face either.

You don't think wrestlers suffer from broken bones, lmao
    o.k, the first one was over stated, boxing is one of the toughest sports out there.

I can appreciate that wrestlers get banged up too. Wrestling and boxing are similar in the fact that you must be in top notch shape to succeed and you can be injured in both. But I would still rather be pinned than ko'd.........Rockin'

Comment

Actually the pressure and aggressiveness is much harder to deal with in wrestling, mentally and physically. Boxing you can use lateral movement with a pressure fighter. I train wrestling with two pro MMA fighters. They both tell me wrestling is the hardest for them when they train with me compared to pure boxing training. I ask about going against great strikers that go hard on them and they say wrestling is way harder to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by chessplayer163 View Post
        Actually the pressure and aggressiveness is much harder to deal with in wrestling, mentally and physically. Boxing you can use lateral movement with a pressure fighter. I train wrestling with two pro MMA fighters. They both tell me wrestling is the hardest for them when they train with me compared to pure boxing training. I ask about going against great strikers that go hard on them and they say wrestling is way harder to stop.
        When I turned pro I was changed into a pressure fighter. If the light was green or the bell had sounded I was on you. I could fight the entire fight with my foot heavy on the gas pedal throwing strong punches. So you trying to sell that wrestling is harder just tells me that you never faced an opponent like that in a boxing ring.

As far as wrestling being harder to stop all I have to say is good movement, feints, a good jab and your wrestling does nothing.

I ask what strikers in mma could even think about stepping into a boxing ring to swap fists with a world class boxer. Comparing mma striking with world class boxing is a joke. Those mma guys throw punches like cavemen. Running at an opponent throwing wide/telegraphed shots. Lmao!!!! There was one guy though in the mma that did have descent hands, he was of latin descent, I can't remember his name.

............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by moneymayforever View Post
          I may not be an expert on this sport yet, but even I can see that people see boxing as the weakest combat sport ever .
          lol, that's like saying which nuclear bomb is the weakest..........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            lol, that's like saying which nuclear bomb is the weakest..........Rockin'
            that's what people around me think. it just pisses me off so much urghh

Comment

Originally posted by FlyPelican View Post
              I agree with Rockin' for the most part, except for the part which he says muscle dissipates after the 2nd day. I'd imagine it would take a couple of weeks. I see what he means as far as the discipline factore. Too many punks out there think they'll make it in the sport just by doing mediocre workouts. I do have one question for Rockin'. I know you don't box anymore, but if you were to do it all over again, what would you do differently?
              Dumped the girl and fought on...…..Rockin'

Comment

Unless you have God-given talents, like Taha's hand speed, you're going to have to sacrifice a lot to be a good boxer.

Comment

The psychological tolls are immense, the wrong mindset can and will **** a fighter, mentally what fighters have to go through is unreal.
                  Last edited by lightningleeroy; 09-15-2018, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lightningleeroy View Post
                    The psychological tolls are immense, the wrong mindset can and will **** a fighter, mentally what fighters have to go through is unreal.
                    True dat' …...Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                      True dat' …...Rockin'
                      Just seems that the sport tends to take away something from people,I remember seeing pro's at the low end of the sport that i know 15 years ago that were physical specimens, when i see them now most of them are just not quite the same person upstairs, the consequences of this sport even when living clean and training well are scary.

Comment

Working...
                      X