No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Ruined Aydin . The only guy getting hurt in that fight was Guerrero. Count how many times Bernstein says "Oh my!" when Guerrero takes it flush from the bum and wobbles.

Dude before Aydin ever got to pounding the Ghost, he was getting rocked by Ouali and outboxed by Dan without getting hurt. You realize Aydin is 151lb fight night, that's a good sized LW? He has a 64' reach, same as Gamboa. So you got a reach challenged LW with no technique or workrate, and iffy chin. Throws 30 punches a round, all haymakers.
    Thats cuz Ghost brawled at ww, to show off his toughness. And he didnt even care about getting hurt. If he wanted, he could use his boxing skills. He can fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      But you put it all on Floyd, like if he wants to have a hard fight or an easy fight, he trains accordingly. It's your opinion, dead wrong, but it's your opinion.
      Its not an opinion. Its a fact that he overtrained. He didnt have a hard fight on purpose. He just trained too much. Floyd Sr said that when he came into camp, he noticed that Floyd was doing too much. The first thing he told Floyd was to rest more, and then he would see results from his training. Fact is, anyone with eyes, can see that the Floyd who fought Cotto is off. And getting hit by slow hands from a short washed up fighter. The Floyd who fought Ghost is sharp as hell, and using phenomenal footwork, and lateral movement, against a much better fighter who is bigger, and taller.

And I like Cotto. Its just that he didnt impress me against Floyd. Floyd just did bad, and looked horrible

Comment

• there's always two sides to a story

Comment

• what i will say tho is for canelo and his team, this whole negotiating in the media isnt gonna get it done. i guess they arent used to making big fights or anything but they gotta get with it. keep that **** quiet until it tilts either one way or another. airing out what goes on in negotiations only leads to more unnecessary drama esp with a diva like floyd.

Comment

• I thought Floyd said he wants to fight all fighters at their comfortable weight so there are no excuses. He didn't ask DLH or Cotto to fight at a lower weight and he fought both of them at the same Jr. Middleweight. I don't want to hear any excused that Canelo comes into the ring at 170. As long as he weights 154 at the weigh-in.

Comment

• Originally posted by flint View Post
              there's always two sides to a story
              You think these guys know something, or covering all bases?

FIGHTHYPE.COM ‏@fighthype 19h
              If you want it, come on down and get it!

FIGHTHYPE.COM ‏@fighthype 18h
              @Phigga_Man Huh? What is there to defend? He's the top dog in the sport. Why does he ALWAYS have to be the one to move up?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                You think these guys know something, or covering all bases?
                lol, they know as much as we do. not saying floyd didnt request the lower weight because im sure he did, but i guarantee u fight hype isnt participating in the negotiations. so, like i said, they know as much as we do.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                  Its not an opinion. Its a fact that he overtrained. He didnt have a hard fight on purpose. He just trained too much. Floyd Sr said that when he came into camp, he noticed that Floyd was doing too much. The first thing he told Floyd was to rest more, and then he would see results from his training. Fact is, anyone with eyes, can see that the Floyd who fought Cotto is off. And getting hit by slow hands from a short washed up fighter. The Floyd who fought Ghost is sharp as hell, and using phenomenal footwork, and lateral movement, against a much better fighter who is bigger, and taller.

And I like Cotto. Its just that he didnt impress me against Floyd. Floyd just did bad, and looked horrible
                  Why didn't he look like that for Oritz then? Same trainer, 9 months apart. He should've had a similar camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    what i will say tho is for canelo and his team, this whole negotiating in the media isnt gonna get it done. i guess they arent used to making big fights or anything but they gotta get with it. keep that **** quiet until it tilts either one way or another. airing out what goes on in negotiations only leads to more unnecessary drama esp with a diva like floyd.
                    Agreed. As with any major negotiations both sides start far apart and work out a deal to meet somewhere in the middle.

Comment

• Canelo is the real deal and Mayweather knows this, there is a reason why Floyd wanted Alvarez 2 years ago and now he is running for his life, Floyd knows its a tough fight and the fight could go either way and Floyd knows he will get knocked out by the strong young intelligent lion which is Canelo Alvarez

Comment

Working...
                      X