Chocolate Easter ducks are racist

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Easter ducks are racist

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/wa...late-ducklings

UK grocery store Waitrose has removed packages of chocolate Easter ducks after complaints of racism. Apparently the darkest duck was named "Ugly" and the white duck was named "Fluffy".

What is weird to me is....WTF do ducks have to do with Easter? Christ rose from his tomb to eat ducks for dinner?

I think Jesus soared to heaven in duck form.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/wa...late-ducklings

UK grocery store Waitrose has removed packages of chocolate Easter ducks after complaints of racism. Apparently the darkest duck was named "Ugly" and the white duck was named "Fluffy".

What is weird to me is....WTF do ducks have to do with Easter? Christ rose from his tomb to eat ducks for dinner?
      duck eggs!!! to hide fo da kids!

Comment

What do bunnies have to do with Easter? Holidays are all commercialized and completely distorted from their original meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          What do bunnies have to do with Easter? Holidays are all commercialized and completely distorted from their original meaning.
          Christmas is the worst of them all.

Comment

Winnie Harlow got served.

Comment

Sucks that people are so immature and "virtuous" that this has to come down to a recall. Also sucks that the people making the chocolates didn't consider that children of color, who might relate to the dark one, could be hurt that it's "Ugly". I can totally understand people being concerned about that. Would be nice if we could live in a world where someone politely addresses the idea to the manufacturer and they decide not to do it again next year. This circus bullshyt turns my stomach.

The relevance of bunnies to Easter really has nothing to do with the subject. I hate how topics in the lounge can never be discussed without being leveraged by side topics.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Sucks that people are so immature and "virtuous" that this has to come down to a recall. Also sucks that the people making the chocolates didn't consider that children of color, who might relate to the dark one, could be hurt that it's "Ugly". I can totally understand people being concerned about that. Would be nice if we could live in a world where someone politely addresses the idea to the manufacturer and they decide not to do it again next year. This circus bullshyt turns my stomach.

The relevance of bunnies to Easter really has nothing to do with the subject. I hate how topics in the lounge can never be discussed without being leveraged by side topics.
                In the defense of the ducks the ugly one is literally covered in what look like pink splotches. Consequently I think it's unhealthy to see race in every object in the store.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                  In the defense of the ducks the ugly one is literally covered in what look like pink splotches. Consequently I think it's unhealthy to see race in every object in the store.
                  For adults, yes. For a kid who sees characters as things they identify with, it's a different situation. Even if it's a candy, kids are paying attention to the traits of these characters because that's how they learn about the world. Same as when they watch TV, etc.

Comment

The ones who should be offended are Christians but whatever. I don't eat chocolate anyway so jokes on those who do eat that sugar filled rubbish.

Imma let you finish but Jesus is the only reason to celebrate Easter imo. Emulating the bravery and badassness of a man who chased out the money lenders from the snyagogues with a whip is what you should be teaching your sons.

Comment

Working...
                    X