Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

boxing shoes, do is matter which ones to get?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxing shoes, do is matter which ones to get?

im looking for boxing shoes to buy but they're all so expensive especially for being in australia it's atleast $130+ mostly. Does it matter what shoes you get what should you look for in a good quality shoe thats going to last long? I want to get a good value pair that i dont need to spend 150-250 bucks on thanks

you done be fight with no shoes. Barefoot fighting done be the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      you done be fight with no shoes. Barefoot fighting done be the best.
      Really? At my gym you cant enter the ring barefoot

Comment

You can just use wrestling shoes too, dicks usually has a pair for like 50$, that was my first pair.

Every pair after that was expensive though. Def a huge difference in comfort and how long they last. They've really mastered the more expensive ones, those things are so comfortable and light.

No matter how good they are though, When I was training 5 days a week I burned through boxing shoes quick, I'd get sick of buying them and just wrap the front with duct tape.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          You can just use wrestling shoes too, dicks usually has a pair for like 50$, that was my first pair.

Every pair after that was expensive though. Def a huge difference in comfort and how long they last. They've really mastered the more expensive ones, those things are so comfortable and light.

No matter how good they are though, When I was training 5 days a week I burned through boxing shoes quick, I'd get sick of buying them and just wrap the front with duct tape.
          were you training on concrete or something?

Comment

were you training on concrete or something?
            Lol Nah, my stance I keep my back heel off the ground so I'm constantly putting weight on the front of the shoe, the real damage comes from really digging my foot into the ground when I throw punches though.

I dig holes right into the front of the shoe by the ball near the big toe, whatever that's called.

If your technique is good, everyone should be grinding holes in that part of the boxing shoe.

I would also run on treadmills with them which probably didn't help.

Comment

Lol Nah, my stance I keep my back heel off the ground so I'm constantly putting weight on the front of the shoe, the real damage comes from really digging my foot into the ground when I throw punches though.

I dig holes right into the front of the shoe by the ball near the big toe, whatever that's called.

If your technique is good, everyone should be grinding holes in that part of the boxing shoe.

I would also run on treadmills with them which probably didn't help.
              you can dig the ball of your back foot all that you want and you will not scratch out a hole in your shoe if you are on a canvas or even carpet. Running on tread mills wont burn holes either. I fought for a good number of years and never ground out a hole in any of my shoes. The only time that I ground out a hole was when I was shadow boxing on concrete after I was done fighting. I call bs on your theory that you grind holes in your shoes when working on canvas, carpet or tile in a gym. If your gym has you guys working on plain concrete I'd tell you to find a gym that understands what the funk they are actually doing.
              Last edited by Rockin'; 04-14-2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                Really? At my gym you cant enter the ring barefoot
                Look in to a fighter named Bobby Crabtree, he was pro and used to fight barefoot.

Comment

you can dig the ball of your back foot all that you want and you will not scratch out a hole in your shoe if you are on a canvas or even carpet. Running on tread mills wont burn holes either. I fought for a good number of years and never ground out a hole in any of my shoes. The only time that I ground out a hole was when I was shadow boxing on concrete after I was done fighting. I call bs on your theory that you grind holes in your shoes when working on canvas, carpet or tile in a gym. If your gym has you guys working on plain concrete I'd tell you to find a gym that understands what the funk they are actually doing.
                  Why the fck would a gym have concrete floors?

The reason you didn't dig any holes is because you don't know how to punch.

Punching technique is based on kinetic energy. The energy starts with planting your feet and pushing down and turning.

If your training 5 times a week hard, digging holes into front ball of the sole is not hard to do and should be expected.

Hence why the front the sole where that ball is , is always more heavily padded on boxing sneakers.

Again the Reason your shoes are lasting so long is either you don't train hard or often, or can't punch for ****.

Comment

Why the fck would a gym have concrete floors?

The reason you didn't dig any holes is because you don't know how to punch.

Punching technique is based on kinetic energy. The energy starts with planting your feet and pushing down and turning.

If your training 5 times a week hard, digging holes into front ball of the sole is not hard to do and should be expected.

Hence why the front the sole where that ball is , is always more heavily padded on boxing sneakers.

Again the Reason your shoes are lasting so long is either you don't train hard or often, or can't punch for ****.
                    By your words it is apparent that ******s are allowed to post here too.

You don't know sheeit! And funk you too.

Comment

Working...
                    X