Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jimmy Kimmel disrespecting Jay Leno on his own show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmy roasted Leno on his own show, that's cold.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
      Actually no, it's Leno to blame because his show didn't work and now they want to bump him back to his regular time slot.

Ratings carry over and Lenos' failure, caused a domino effect on the late night program ratings on NBC.

Conan was doing just fine and should have been given more than 6 months to turn things around.

Leno is NBC's little darling though..
      actually, conan has lost 2,000,000 viewers, jay used to have in that time slot....

on the surface, it may seem like it's all jay's fault, but the fact is, the "higher-ups," on the NBC food chain are the ones to blame.

conan's contract was up, and outta fear that he may be signed by FOX, NBC offered conan jay's time slot, and convinced jay to move to the other time, in hopes of being able to satisfy conan, and keep jay too.

jay agreed, but now, neither show is doing particularly well, and NBC offered jay his old time slot back.

in actuality, jay leno is just going by what NBC is offering him. had conan, held his current time slot down, and not lost viewers, moving jay back wouldn't even be an option.

it's kinda like if a team is used to going 13-3 with a particular coach. but they have a really good assistant coach, and his contract is about to be up....so they convince the current coach to try a position in the front office "for the better interests of the team," while they move the assistant, to head coach....now the team goes 8-8, or 7-9, and the team wants things back to the way they are.....

it's really not jay's fault, factually....and personally, whenever i did watch late night t.v., i liked conan's show a lil' better......so no bias here.
      Last edited by FLY TY; 01-15-2010, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Kimmel was right to take those jabs at Leno.

I dont think Leno is as funny as Conan but I think he appeals to a broader (dumber?) audience. So I get that Conan isnt pulling in as many viewers as Leno was and NBCs response was get Leno back at 11:35!! asap.. but in the other hand I think its dumb of them to panic and not give Conan more time to turn things around and develop a new audience. The way its playing out I think will turn people off to Leno who is seen as pretty much an ******* right now shaking Conans hand passing on the torch to eventually retire and then he comes back and replaces him rather than sticking up for him..

Comment

Its just to sabotage Conan really, after Carson left, did he get his own show in almost the same exact format as the one he supposedly left and place it right before Jays tonight show? Leno just needs to get off tv like Carson did.

Comment

Working...
          X