Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Andre Ward comes back and beats Usyk, is he greater than Mayweather all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be perfectly honest both Mayweather and Ward suck balls.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      Nah. Ward is an all time great but his career had to many stretches of inactivity and his career ended too early for him to build a body of work like Floyd

No, I don't think Ward is an ATG right now. His career is on Tim Bradley's tier currently. Very good, but not great. He needs to fight the Usyk-Bellew winner to be great.

Comment

Only a ****** would think Ward would be greater.

Comment

It easily does what are you talking about? Do you not know how skilled Usyk is? I give Ward 0% chance of winning that fight if he wins it you better believe I'm putting him up high.

Comment

with a proper referee and in a neutral place?

He already lost to Kovalev and was given that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              I think Froch, Kovalev, and Usyk will at a minimum get on the Hall of Fame ballot. With that said, Kovalev isn't done fighting yet and Usyk only has 15 fights.

The argument is less of which fighters' opponents had greater careers, obviously Mayweather's opponents did, but does the fact that Ward fought each of them in their primes give him greater footing than Mayweather.

Even if you don't think Usyk puts Ward above Mayweather, you'd obviously agree that Usyk and Joshua would put Ward above Mayweather, right?
              Joshua???? come on man..lol

Comment

If Ward manages to beat and outbox Usyk legitimately, not by a 12 round clinchfest with a robbery decision going his way, I will rate him higher than Floyd.

Comment

A win over a prime Usyk would be better than any win on Floyd's resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    No, I don't think Ward is an ATG right now. His career is on Tim Bradley's tier currently. Very good, but not great. He needs to fight the Usyk-Bellew winner to be great.
                    I think Ward scrapes ATG, Bradley comparison is interesting in terms of resume, but I think Ward is more talented and much smarter. Wards consistency at championship level also, he barely lost rounds, only Kovalev was really able to push him, a top5 p4p in his prime. If Ward wasn't in the same era as May and Pac he would've been p4p #1 for a few years.

In terms of the thread...No. mayweather's depth is still superior, the depth and longevity, and Usyk himself hasn't been on the scene long enough to really know his standing to properly assess that win.

Comment

Nah, he wouldn't surpass Floyd but he would make up for lost time considering he retired young and had long stretches of inactivity. Ward was one of the p4p best while active and is a first ballot HOF'er but he fell short of Hunter's expectations of him going down as an ATG. (Hunter believed he'd one day become heavyweight champ like Roy)

Comment

Working...
                      X