No announcement yet.

Re watching Mayweather Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    12 boring rounds against a strict counterpuncher who was much smaller than him. what did you expect? he sure can pick um. but to get people to buy into his crap and pretend he's amazing for it. thats the real virtuoso performance.
    I didn't buy the fight or watch it for months later. But Marquez went on to challenge for a welter belt vs Tim Bradley who is also no slouch so,,, I really don't care what you think is crap.

Comment

To me this is by far the best atmosphere in boxing history! The build up was crazy!! The crowd chanting THERES ONLY ONE... RICKY HATTON!!! It was fawking crazy!! My cousin had his surround sound in full blast it was almost like we were there fawking amazing

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
        I didn't buy the fight or watch it for months later. But Marquez went on to challenge for a welter belt vs Tim Bradley who is also no slouch so,,, I really don't care what you think is crap.
        well he went on to ko pac cold would have been a better argument. that still doesnt change how lopsided the fight was in floyds favor given the weight at the time. at the time being the key thing. if brook goes on to be a good middleweight the ggg-brook fight was still a joke

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          It's how Hatton fights everyone. If you are going to fight him you should have to fight the same Hatton everyone else did, not bring in a ref to protect you from him. Like I said, the fight might as well have not happened.

Only a little different from pretending that Floyd/McGregor was a real fight.
          Hatton was actually very clever at making room for himself on the inside and landing good shots usually. He just soon found out Floyd was too clever on the inside for him, which made Hatton desperate and it looked uglier than usual

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            The fight might as well have never happened, Cortez ruined it. I had a bet with my father in law, he being from Manchester took Hatton. I refused to collect.

Comment

As was said two or three posts in, Joe Cortez ruined the fight and made it a foregone conclusion. If Ricky Hatton had been allowed to fight to his strengths I'm not sure how it would have went. It would be like making Usain Bolt wear a pair of lead boots to race a horse.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
                As was said two or three posts in, Joe Cortez ruined the fight and made it a foregone conclusion. If Ricky Hatton had been allowed to fight to his strengths I'm not sure how it would have went. It would be like making Usain Bolt wear a pair of lead boots to race a horse.
                Cortez let them fight after the 3rd round. Watch the fight again and you hear him tell both corners he was letting them go at it after the 3rd. Incidentally, Floyd was much more effective once Cortez stopped separating them every 5 seconds. Hatton was too undisciplined on the inside to beat Mayweather. He tried the same tactic against Pacquiao and got Flatton'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                  This sounds like a bunch of excuses. Hatton was criticized for his rough housing tactics for years. In the Tszyu fight Hatton was allowed to do almost anything and broke the rules countless times.

Cortez was trying to keep the fight clean and obviously Hatton was incapable of doing anything else but rough housing. Although I will agree that Cortez was a little too quick to break them up in the first 2 rounds, in round 3 and onward he let Hatton fight Floyd from close range and Hatton was getting his ass handed to him in the pocket. Hatton even said when he clinched with Floyd that Floyd felt bigger and stronger than he had anticipated, he also said Floyd was a better inside fighter than he thought.

If they had a rematch, I can 100 percent guarantee you Floyd would have still won.
                  Definitely excuses, Cortez didn’t ruin shit. Hatton think he can fight everyone the same way especially since his win over Tsyzu. He got in against Mayweather and got destroyed. Blaming Cortez was the easiest way out by everyone that wanted him to win. You can barely watch any highlights of his wrestling match against Tsyzu, if people think that is boxing then am glad he wasn’t allowed that rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    This was the fight that got me into boxing.

The build up was insane.

I watched boxing before, but this did it.
                    Its true, I watched boxing before, and I remember watching Lewis vs Tyson at my grandma, but the build up for Mayweather vs Hatton was huge, 24/7 and everything.

Some months before the fight I started boxing as well

Comment

[Verse 1]
                      There used to be a graying tower alone on the sea
                      You became the light on the dark side of me
                      Love remained a drug that's the high and not the pill

[Pre-Chorus]
                      But did you know that when it snows
                      My eyes become large and
                      The light that you shine can't be seen?

[Chorus]
                      Baby, I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray