No announcement yet.

Canelo’s bodypunching was a thing of beauty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
    He was scared to get hit yall just wont admit though. He refused to commit to any typoe of body attack with his opponent flat footed right in his face.
    Yep. Canelo's hand speed advantage made throwing more than jabs a risky endeavour.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      yep, with his elbows.
      Don't forget the face & body....LOL

Comment

TBH, Canelo is known for MUCH better body work than that. However, he was cautious and tired so I know why he didn't really lay into the body as heavy as eh would a Khan, Smith, etc.

He was smart to integrate it this time though. Had GG done the same, he might have REALLY tired Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          Nah, Nelo would of stopped him early....lil g fought a cautious fight, he felt the punches. It was a good fight.
          Nah we’ll never know. GGG made a rally but was too late, had he closed the show better we would’ve had another draw. I thought they’d atleast have a sense of urgency to win the early rounds after all the talk. Since that was one of his flaws in the first fight, starting too slow.

Regardless it was a good close fight, and cards reflected it well. By no means a schooling or an a zz kicking from the winner.

Comment

Before he faced canelo GGG was the so called best body puncher in the sport trained by a man who preaches body work. Claims Mexican style. Yet back to back fights scared to throw body punches and oulanded in body shots. GGG overrated with a bogus record fighting bums. Once he stepped up and faced real opponents no Kos, no killer just a puzzy jabber. I thought Jacobs beat him and canelo beat him twice. But tonight he took GGG soul backing him up, destroying him to the body and running him out the ring like a coward after the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              TBH, Canelo is known for MUCH better body work than that. However, he was cautious and tired so I know why he didn't really lay into the body as heavy as eh would a Khan, Smith, etc.

He was smart to integrate it this time though. Had GG done the same, he might have REALLY tired Canelo.
              not going to the body is my main issue with GGG. he had opportunities to do so, in the late rounds specially when canelo was visibly tired and they both would clash heads. don't get it. dude has a killer left hook to the body.

Comment

The great equalizer in boxing is going to the body! Yeah he hurt GGG to the body Multiple times with a excellent inside game

could've stopped GGG to the Body had he committed to it just a little more
                Last edited by sicko; 09-16-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X