The 80's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 80's

What were your favorite TV shows, music, movies etc

Wow, favorite '80s shows and music, I have to go with what comes to mind first, these are what I listened or watched in the '80s:

TV Shows: Miami Vice, Magnum PI, Dallas, Dukes Of Hazzard, Three's Company (last few seasons), Dr. Who (as it was rerun in America)

Music: Genesis, Phil Collins, Lionel Richie, Van Halen, Foreigner, Journey, Joe Satriani, Hall And Oates, Scorpions, Dokken, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Whitney Houston, Madonna, The Police/Sting, Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, The Who

Movies: Rocky 3 and 4, First Blood and Rambo 2, Commando, Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2, the James Bond movies in the '80s including License To Kill, Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi, the Indiana Jones movies, Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects, Death Wish 3, The Evil That Men Do, the Nightmare On Elm Street movies and the '80s Friday the 13th movies

Comment

Originally posted by THE REAL NINJA
      What were your favorite TV shows, music, movies etc
      i loved the 80's - esp. the early 80's!
      i was into "new wave" - now referred to as "old wave".
      i loved the clothes and hair style! i went for the farrah fawcett roll. i never wore those neon colors, the socks with the high heels, or the madonna fashion.

i loved john hughes films and similar films (16 candles, breakfast club, pretty in pink, st. elmo's fire, etc.).

Comment

i love listening to new wave.i like breakdancing too!even now i listen to big 80's.i like the cure,depeche mode,duran duran,tears for fears,flock of seaguls,modern english,the cars,prince,michael jackson,wham,spandau ballet,guns n roses,bon jovi,petshop boys,omd,and more.........i love the 80's

Comment

movies-E.T,ROCKY,BACK TO THE FUTURE,INDIANA JONES,NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET,GOD MUST BE CRAZY,CANNON BALL RUN,JAMES BOND MOVIES AND MORE...

Comment

i hated the 80's, they were a ****ing nightmare, big hair, cocaine, shoulder pads...the only thing that was good about the 80's was that they ended and the 90's began

Comment

Originally posted by * Fiesty Wench
              i loved the clothes and hair style! i went for the farrah fawcett roll. i never wore those neon colors, the socks with the high heels, or the madonna fashion.

i loved john hughes films and similar films (16 candles, breakfast club, pretty in pink, st. elmo's fire, etc.).
              I still love New Wave music to this day. I dont think it will ever seem old to me.

Comment

Originally posted by * Fiesty Wench

...Alot of those movies you liked had new wave and or alternative music in them as the majority of the soundtracks. I loved the cutting edge music of the 80's. It was a great time to be alive. I got more *****, drank more alcohol, and partied more than most people do in a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by magicjordan
                  i love listening to new wave.i like breakdancing too!even now i listen to big 80's.i like the cure,depeche mode,duran duran,tears for fears,flock of seaguls,modern english,the cars,prince,michael jackson,wham,spandau ballet,guns n roses,bon jovi,petshop boys,omd,and more.........i love the 80's

...****in eh, but what about Men At Work, REM, Icicle works, Violent Fems, The Smiths, INXS, Duran Duran(kind of ambarassed by that one), Oingo Boingo, The Cure, The Call, The Cult, etc. etc.

...sorry, didn't see Duran Duran on there

Comment

I still like all the music from back in the 80's and I listened to pretty much everything.

Comment

Working...
                    X