Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eubank pulled out in the last second, you rather have GGG sitting out until December?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look. i personally understand the context and all but that doesn't mean this fight doesn't suck. this fight sucks, big time, is just too uneven.

if i thought (and many people too) that manny vs algieri was crap, imagine about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      I would have rather him fight ANY middleweight.
      And this is the reason why you're all upset. You can't say that he's fighting a monroe or wade. So you're all mad.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
        I didn't know weight classes consisted of only 3-5 fighters
        Nah, it would just be another Dominic Wade type opponent and clearly K2 didn't think they could afford doing that at this time. They apparently think the backlash they received fighting 147 Brook isn't as bad as fighting another unknown middleweight.

Not sure I agree with them here on that logic, I mean maybe they could have got Heiland or Tureano Johnson and sure, while people would **** on it, at least he's consistently fighting the best middleweights, and that's all you can really ask for. On the other-hand, I see why they took Eddie Hearn's second offer in Brook - big deal in the UK, brings Golovkin to the UK market, I get all that. Just not a good fight and a crappy situation all around.

Comment

The dedicated GGG haters have never liked any fight he ever had or probably ever will have. When he fought dangerous middleweight champ Lemieux they didn't like that fight much either. They don't like him fighting a 13 pound lighter champion but they would be pleased if he fought a 15 pound heavier champion. They did not like him fighting Eubank either before that fight fell apart.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            And this is the reason why you're all upset. You can't say that he's fighting a monroe or wade. So you're all mad.
            WTF are you talking about?

ANY middleweight is levels about a welterweight fighting at middleweight.

What a weak ass excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              look. i personally understand the context and all but that doesn't mean this fight doesn't suck. this fight sucks, big time, is just too uneven.

if i thought (and many people too) that manny vs algieri was crap, imagine about this one.
              I would have preferred for GGG to face a top MW of course, but Brook is the guy that stepped up and it is a huge fight in the UK which will put alot of pressure on the other UK fighters like Eubank, Saunders, even DeGale and Callum Smith to eventually face GGG.

Also oddmakers give Brook a better chance than Eubank/Saunders to defeat GGG. I think Brook gets a little underrated here, because he is from the UK? GGG might also be a little overrated. I think the fight will be decent.

Comment

GGG vs Jorge Heiland is a much, much better fight than GGG vs a welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                  So out of the 1,568 registered MW Boxers none were available?

didnt GGG go on this entire rant about respecting boxing etc etc.

Like i said ggg is like every other boxers they want to win and get paid and will take any advantages they can this is why he wanted a catchweight against ward, this is why he was okay with a catchweight against rosado, this is why he refuses a catchweigth against canelo this is why he had no problem fighting pac or may at 154. Respects boxing my ass just trying to fill his pockets while taking the less risks as possible.
                  You seriously think HBO puts up cash for another unknown MW with their limited budget? While the majority of the cash for the Brook fight comes from England and is huge here in Europe. Also GGG had no time to start new negotiations with only 8 weeks left to a fight date.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    WTF are you talking about?

ANY middleweight is levels about a welterweight fighting at middleweight.

What a weak ass excuse.
                    Nono you don't fool me.

Comment

Wait what? Kell Brook is too small according to GGG himself???

Comment

Working...
                      X