Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richard Schaefer plans to return to promoting in the summer; will he join MWP?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
    I think he creates his own thing and still works with Mayweather and Haymon plus others but is basically another plant in Haymon's PBC operations.

He gave us the best card in 2013 and other good matches while Oscar was coked up on fishscale.
    I tend to agree. He doesn't have to join Mayweather Promotions to make money with them. They can make money co-promoting or some other joint venture. But then I have to ask if he is going to come back with his own promotional company..who's in his stable? He'll promote alright but I think he comes back with a lofty, lofty position.

Comment

Schaefer operating as the "Dana White" for PBC, largely being the unifying public face to the media for the operation, is a fa bigger platform than leading Mayweather Promotions or even setting out on building his own promotional company.

Schaefer's best attribute was that he was a guy that folks 1)liked doing business with and 2)trusted to do business right; there's a reason why AEG, the financial backers, Mayweather, FS1, and even Espinoza, among others, jumped ship when Oscar forced Schaefer out.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Schaefer operating as the "Dana White" for PBC, largely being the unifying public face to the media for the operation, is a fa bigger platform than leading Mayweather Promotions or even setting out on building his own promotional company.

Schaefer's best attribute was that he was a guy that folks 1)liked doing business with and 2)trusted to do business right; there's a reason why AEG, the financial backers, Mayweather, FS1, and even Espinoza, among others, jumped ship when Oscar forced Schaefer out.
        Yep, sure seems like it.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          I tend to agree. He doesn't have to join Mayweather Promotions to make money with them. They can make money co-promoting or some other joint venture. But then I have to ask if he is going to come back with his own promotional company..who's in his stable? He'll promote alright but I think he comes back with a lofty, lofty position.
          True and true but Richard doesn't seem like the man that likes to be totally in the background. I think he does what he loves which is talk crazy stuff,hype fights,make solid fights happen and make a load of money.

I think he's a slimey one he is,I could see him doing what he did to Oscar to other small promoters with promising fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
            True and true but Richard doesn't seem like the man that likes to be totally in the background. I think he does what he loves which is talk crazy stuff,hype fights,make solid fights happen and make a load of money.

I think he's a slimey one he is,I could see him doing what he did to Oscar to other small promoters with promising fighters.
            If people put emotions to the side, they'll come to their senses and see that what happened between Oscar and Richard is something that happens in business often. Oscar may feel slighted but I don't see anything Schafer did that was slimy.

Anyway, yeah if he comes back it'll be as head of PBC probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              I don't see the logic, on either side, of pushing Ellerbe out of his position.
              Agree. I had a hard time seeing Ellerbe getting kicked to the curb before, but Slick Ricky seems to be talking about bigger things than running Mayweather Promotions so I really doubt thats a possibility now. And seems like Floyd has even taken it more upon himself to get into the promoter game more. Can't have Leonard, Floyd & Ricky all bumping heads running Mayweather Promotions.

Leonard breathing a sigh of relief while thinking about taking that ass beating from James Prince's thugs was worth it ultimately. I mean you can't fire a guy who's taken a beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Agree. I had a hard time seeing Ellerbe getting kicked to the curb before, but Slick Ricky seems to be talking about bigger things than running Mayweather Promotions so I really doubt thats a possibility now. And seems like Floyd has even taken it more upon himself to get into the promoter game more. Can't have Leonard, Floyd & Ricky all bumping heads running Mayweather Promotions.

Leonard breathing a sigh of relief while thinking about taking that ass beating from James Prince's thugs was worth it ultimately. I mean you can't fire a guy who's taken a beating for you.
                Lmfao I've heard rumors that Floyd was supposed to taken the beating but someone else actually took it for Floyd. Was said that Floyd was scared as **** too, but didn't think it could've been Ellerbe then again the man is a bit too fond of Floyd.

Comment

Where's the pbc option. He'll prob be their new frontman

Comment

Great could be another promoter. Like there isn't enough promoters that aren't doing business with each other

Comment

Him being the face of PBC as suggested would be great too. A lot of people view Haymon as sneaky and in the shadows but Schaefer could be that friendly face that helps bring more business.

Comment

Working...
                      X