Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do boxing fans always fall for hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do boxing fans always fall for hype?

It always happens an 99% of the time its for punchers.

GGG= Arthur Abraham

Kovalev= matthyse

Etc etc

When they are unbeaten these guys get hyped as unstoppable monsters

Then they step in with a slick brutha and get made to look like apes for 12 rounds and people call them bums and jump on the next train that comes along.

Guarantee when ward schools kovalev, everyone will jump on bertebiev hype train and deny they ever hyped kovalev

"I always knew kovalev was slow, immobile and chinny" they will say. "Bertebiev is way more skilled"

Then when bertebiev gets schooled there will he some new euro guy they get behind

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
    It always happens an 99% of the time its for punchers.

GGG= Arthur Abraham

Kovalev= matthyse

Etc etc

When they are unbeaten these guys get hyped as unstoppable monsters

Then they step in with a slick brutha and get made to look like apes for 12 rounds and people call them bums and jump on the next train that comes along.

Guarantee when ward schools kovalev, everyone will jump on bertebiev hype train and deny they ever hyped kovalev

"I always knew kovalev was slow, immobile and chinny" they will say. "Bertebiev is way more skilled"

Then when bertebiev gets schooled there will he some new euro guy they get behind
    I think GGG is better than Abraham, but more importantly Kovalev >>> Matthysse. When the hype for Matthysse was at it's peak (between Peterson and Garcia fights), he had Ls to Alexander and Judah (however debatable they may be) and did not have a win on par with Bernard Hopkins. Kovalev is more consistent, more dominant and more proven than Matthysse ever was, and by quite a bit.

I'm favoring Ward to beat Kovalev, and if he does I will still think Kovalev is a dam good fighter because he's proven that much already.

Comment

Working...
    X