Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Arreola: Weed Isn't A PED! That's Dumb, They Robbed Me Of My Win (VIDEO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noted, posters ever mentioning Chavez Jr. and weed.

Comment

He is hilarious... His suspension is up March 5. He doesn't look like he has ballooned up. He needs to be in around 245-250 in my opinion. I could even handle 255. He will take punches better. He isn't any faster when he is lighter so why not keep the bulk? I have said this for years about him & Chisora.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Name an example of a fighter getting caught using weed and it wasn't turned in an NC. I didn't say there aren't any, I just never heard of one. Give me a name.
        The first one that came to mind that was a no contest was Tyson/Golota. Tyson smoking weed... hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          they robbed you of the win that you robbed from your opponent. this is simply unfair
          I had it a draw but could of went either way. Make it happen again. Kauffman deserves another big fight even if it's not a rematch with Arreola...

Comment

No. It should be classified as a banned substance. Meaning his win should still be revoked.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              The first one that came to mind that was a no contest was Tyson/Golota. Tyson smoking weed... hahaha
              Chad Dawson was also caught smoking weed, his fight was turned to an NC.

Comment

Its for sure bs that weed is considered a PED. That said its on the list so the situation is what it is.

Also anyone hear of the UFC guy who got caught for PED's & didn't get his W turned into a NC, but instead got it turned into a L by DQ (for using a banned substances)? I think thats an interesting turn in the PED battle if any commission really wants to start to get serious.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency announced that UFC lightweight Gleison Tibau was banned from competition for two years following a pair of positive drug tests before and on the night of his most recent bout against Abel Trujillo in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Tibau tested positive for erythropoietin, better known as EPO, a red-blood-cell-boosting hormone banned under the UFC's anti-doping policy, and he's the second fighter officially sanctioned since the UFC's partnership with USADA began last July. (The other was Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, who admitted to out-of-competition usage of human growth hormone.) Additionally, in accordance with the anti-doping policy of the Comissao Atletica Brasileira de MMA (CABMMA), the 32-year-old Tibau—one of the longest-tenured UFC fighters—is the first athlete under the program to have a win overturned to a disqualification loss.
                https://sports.vice.com/ca/article/g...ourtesy-of-epo

Comment

Its a stupid rule. as is weed being illegal at all. That being said he's meant to be an athlete and he knows its a banned substance that stays in the system for ****ing ages. And he didn't win that fight anyway.

Comment

Everybody knows weed isn't a PED

in fact, it's pretty much the opposite

it's still a banned sustance in boxing just because it's illegal and they want athletes to act like role models and bs like that

Comment

Working...
                    X