Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: "One Time" Thurman vs "Showtime" Porter Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official: "One Time" Thurman vs "Showtime" Porter Fight Discussion Thread

Date Confirmed!!!

Keith "One Time" Thurman
    (26-0-0) vs Shawn "Showtime" Porter (26-1-1)
    Welterweight / 147 lbs / 10.5 Stone
    6.25.16 PBC on CBS

Porter by KO/TKO
    13.62%
    Thurman by KO/TKO
    22.54%
    Porter by UD/MD/SD
    17.37%
    Thurman by UD/MD/SD
    41.31%
    Draw
    5.16%
    Last edited by LoadedWraps; 04-15-2016, 04:19 PM. Reason: edited date as now confirmed

I put draw.....

imo 1st flush punch can win the fight.....

Thurman has more skills so he'll likely set up porter with something.

Would like for porter to go balls to walls and jump on top of thurman from the get go

Comment

Thurman will keep Porter hesitant with his counterpunches and win a decision.

Comment

Thurman wins.....he is the more versatile fighter....He has the edge in speed, power, and is a little rangier

Porter is a little raw, he'd probably be the physically stronger of the two. Guerrero had success vs Thurman when he made the fight rough and in a phone booth

I think Thurman ekes out a win in a close but clear win in an entertaining fight. Both are you hungry fighters

Comment

I think people are underrating Porter, he can definitely win this fight.

I'm a big fan of both guys, more so of Thurman, but there's a good chance Porter pulls off a mini upset imo. He can outwork Keith.

It's as close to a 50-50 fight as you can get though.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
            I think people are underrating Porter, he can definitely win this fight.

I'm a big fan of both guys, more so of Thurman, but there's a good chance Porter pulls off a mini upset imo. He can outwork Keith.

It's as close to a 50-50 fight as you can get though.
            Agreed. Definitely a pick'em fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Thurman will keep Porter hesitant with his counterpunches and win a decision.
              What makes you think Thurman can take his punches long enough to win a decision?

Comment

Thurman by wide UD maybe even late stoppage.

Porter is tailor made for him.

Comment

Oops voted Porter by accident.

Comment

Porter can make the fight rough and he's good at fighting in a clinch but he still tends to leave himself open too often after his attacks, which is not good up against a guy like Thurman.

Really hard to call...but that's what makes matchups like this so interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X