Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All time HW Tourney #3 Tyson vs #6 Holyfield. Who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All time HW Tourney #3 Tyson vs #6 Holyfield. Who you got?

The first round polls went exactly like I predicated.

So now we are on to the second round and the match up is

Prime Tyson vs Prime Holyfield.

I am going with Prime Tyson. I believe that the peak versions of Tyson would have won a hard fought decision or even late TKO against any version of Holyfield. Let's see if NSB agrees with me again.
    Tyson
    18.60%
    Holyfield
    81.40%

The poll is expired.

I agree with Tyson winning with a late TKO. If the fight happened in the late 80s-early 90s I would bet on Tyson.

Comment

Holyfield just has Tyson's number...I think it's one of those boogeyman fighters for a guy...I just believe prime Holyfield has the style to beat any version of Tyson. But obviously would be a harder fight if it was prime Tyson in there.

Comment

For breakfast I eat Ear of Evander.

Comment

Evander win againts Any version of tyson. Too much heart, better inside fighter, obviously better stamina, matching speed. holyfield late K.O.

Tyson main arsenal are his speed and intimidation, Holyfield will fight inside and dirty and take away those speed. as for intimidation i dont think someone who won 15 rounds FOTY only at 13th pro fight will ever get intimidated even when he fighting godzilla.

Comment

Holyfield beat Tyson twice when he was 34 and Tyson was 4 years younger. Holyfield was too game and tough with too much heart for Mike. The ref told Tyson if you bite him again you lose by DQ. One minute later Tyson bit him again and was DQed. Tyson didn't want to be in the same ring with Holyfield. Holyfield beat Tyson twice in real fights so I think he beats him in any kind of fantasy fight.

Comment

Wow.................beat down for Tyson so far.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
                The first round polls went exactly like I predicated.

So now we are on to the second round and the match up is

Prime Tyson vs Prime Holyfield.

I am going with Prime Tyson. I believe that the peak versions of Tyson would have won a hard fought decision or even late TKO against any version of Holyfield. Let's see if NSB agrees with me again.
                holyfield would have always been a stylistic nightmare for any version of Tyson. a fearless warrior with a granite chin. I like holyfield by late stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                  holyfield would have always been a stylistic nightmare for any version of Tyson. a fearless warrior with a granite chin. I like holyfield by late stoppage
                  Good points, I just feel like people look too much into the mid 90's fights of theirs. I'm not saying Tyson was shot physically during the mid 90's, Tyson was actually in great shape and still had his great power. But he lacked a lot of round experience heading into that Holyfield fight. He was basically fighting 1-2 rounders against bums. If Tyson had 2-3 fights against a Ray Mercer and maybe even the Morrison Lewis fought, it would have served him far better than Mcneeley and Sheldon lol. Would have helped him big time against Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
                    Good points, I just feel like people look too much into the mid 90's fights of theirs. I'm not saying Tyson was shot physically during the mid 90's, Tyson was actually in great shape and still had his great power. But he lacked a lot of round experience heading into that Holyfield fight. He was basically fighting 1-2 rounders against bums. If Tyson had 2-3 fights against a Ray Mercer and maybe even the Morrison Lewis fought, it would have served him far better than Mcneeley and Sheldon lol. Would have helped him big time against Holyfield.
                    yea,,,,both holyfield and Tyson were well past there primes on that night. I think the fight would have been different and more competitive in both primes but the outcome the same. of course Tyson would have a very good punchers chance tho

Comment

Working...
                    X