No announcement yet.

Crowning Undisputed Super Bantamweight World Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowning Undisputed Super Bantamweight World Champion

I'm sure Carl Frampton is the number 1 contender for the WBC title after beating Hugo Cazares in a final eliminator. Make Frampton vs Santa Cruz for the WBC. Hearn has said he's eyeing Kiko Martinez for Scott Quigg. If that can be made that would unify Quigg's version of WBA title and the IBF title. In the mean time to keep Rigondeaux busy he could take Nehomar Cermeno who is the interim WBA champion.

Then Frampton/Santa Cruz (WBC) vs Quigg/Martinez (Regular WBA and IBF)

Then the winner gets Rigondeaux to crown an Undisputed champion.

I don't know much about Cermeno so I don't know if Rigondeaux would even entertain that fight but I added it as he's the interim champion and to tie that loose end and keep Rigondeaux busy.

Knowing boxing politics this probably won't happen but it should.

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
    I'm sure Carl Frampton is the number 1 contender for the WBC title after beating Hugo Cazares in a final eliminator. Make Frampton vs Santa Cruz for the WBC. Hearn has said he's eyeing Kiko Martinez for Scott Quigg. If that can be made that would unify Quigg's version of WBA title and the IBF title. In the mean time to keep Rigondeaux busy he could take Nehomar Cermeno who is the interim WBA champion.

Then Frampton/Santa Cruz (WBC) vs Quigg/Martinez (Regular WBA and IBF)

Then the winner gets Rigondeaux to crown an Undisputed champion.

I don't know much about Cermeno so I don't know if Rigondeaux would even entertain that fight but I added it as he's the interim champion and to tie that loose end and keep Rigondeaux busy.

Knowing boxing politics this probably won't happen but it should.
    Can't wait for there to be 2 unified WBA titlists..... maybe they can do a third one

Comment

Hearn is trying to snatch the Santa Cruz bout from Frampton aswell, as he thinks a unification bout would interest Santa Cruz more than a fight with Framptron. But Santa Cruz expressed his desire to move up in weight soon, so I think it would come down to money imo.

Comment

Working...
      X