Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Bryant Jennings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the first couple of rounds it was obvious a 12 rounder was likely, Jennings was there to survive and maybe turn it on late in the hope Wlad would tire, but the old man never does these days. Still looked fresh at the end and was tagging the younger dude. I enjoyed the fight but not as good as the Pulev one. Pulev went out on his shield.

Comment

• 5 of the last 6 guys Wlad has fought were undefeated. And all of the opponents on the horizon are undefeated too, Fury, Glazkov, Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        5 of the last 6 guys Wlad has fought were undefeated. And all of the opponents on the horizon are undefeated too, Fury, Glazkov, Wilder.
        Undefeated = not experienced enough a lot of the time.

I would rather his opponents had picked up a few losses consistently fighting top 10 opponents rather than be undefeated with only a couple top 10 fights.

Not WK's fault obviously, its just the way it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          A boxer can dominate and still have a impressive performance

Wlad simply doesnt put together punches, he is reluctant to engage...its frustrating to watch. You have this huge guy who fights like a pansy

I dont want to see Wlad fight smaller men anymore, if he is to fight twice more it has to be against Fury and Wilder, that will hopefully make him come out of his shell and fight

Wlad has been fighting like this for a long time now
          I'm fine with him fighting smaller men, its just none of the smaller heavyweights today know how to fight like small heavyweights. Haye is the only guy that fights anything like a decent 'small' HW and he is too explosive too add volume punching to his small man repertoire.

I think Wilder will get found out very quickly his skillset is so limited but it is backed by a decent right hand but I like the look of Fury, biggest improvement in a fighter since the start of his career this generation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
            Let's be honest, age ain't caught up with him yet. He physically is supreme as ever.

He really just did not take Jennings seriously at all. Simply studied him fight, looked at him as a much smaller guy and a massive underdog, and thought he was basically gonna be involved in little more than an "exhibition" bout.

Obviously Jennings rose to the occasion and took it to the ill prepared for a real challenge champion.

If next fight is against one that we all want to see, I bet the REAL Wlad will come out.
            Fury next is a good fight. As much as I dislike the guy their really isnt anyone deserving of a shot, with maybe the exception of the WBC titlist Wilder who schooled Stiverne, who at the time convincingly dealt with Arreola, after his under motivated first win over the porky pig.

Wilder and Fury both have the size to make it interesting, and Wilder has the power. It is just a shame Fury as avoided any real tests since his first points victory over Chisora, the Haye fight would have in no way given him the experience needed to beat the champ, which is besides the point anyway, as Haye would have KO'd him.

I don't think Wlad underestimated Jennings he simply found him a tough opponent with his movement, defence and smaller frame. Fury simply won't pose the same problems and stylistic issues, he'll be there all night. Ultimately his lack of composure and experience facing opposition closer to Wladimir's size will be his undoing

Comment

• Klitschko will win but can't say anything because anything could happen.

Comment

• Does anyone know why Wlad choose to wear Everlast gloves in this fight? He usually Fairtex or Grants

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Does anyone know why Wlad choose to wear Everlast gloves in this fight? He usually Fairtex or Grants
                  Yes, I noticed this and was thinking why he had switched gloves and whether it was affecting him. I don't know if it's as important at heavyweight compared to the lower weight fiascos like Maidana v Floyd, but anyway was strange to see. Both fighters wore Everlast though so perhaps it was some obligation for both fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                    Yes, I noticed this and was thinking why he had switched gloves and whether it was affecting him. I don't know if it's as important at heavyweight compared to the lower weight fiascos like Maidana v Floyd, but anyway was strange to see. Both fighters wore Everlast though so perhaps it was some obligation for both fighters.
                    I guess he wanted to please the American audience.

Comment

Working...
                    X