No announcement yet.

hopkins-dawson ppv> mayweather-ortiz ppv

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    It's emberassing that you can even compare Ortiz to Dawson. Come on son are you serious??

Dawson beat: Diaconu, Glen Johnson (2), Tarver (2), Tomasz Adamek, Eric Harding. He's had 8 title fights. Dawson was also ranked top 10 pound 4 pound.
    I scored the first Dawson/Johnson fight a draw and lot of people think he should be 1-1 against Johnson. Yes Dawson was hyped as a top P4P fighter but when he faced Pascal it was an eye-opener. The guy just doesn't have that fire in him to step on the gas when he has to. Always fights at the same rhythm no matter what. And he did struggle with Diaconu, why do you think Steward was yelling at him for?

Ortiz got stopped by miadana and has been in 2 total title fights. He wasn't even in the top 5 at 140 pounds and one can argue (quite easily) that he wasn't even a top 20 pound 4 pound fighter when floyd fought him.
    Dawson is better than Ortiz no question but at least Ortiz likes to come forward and bang and that's why he had a puncher's chance against an older, smaller inactive fighter. Dawson is not aggressive and as skilled as he is, he ain't gonna outbox Hopkins so there's nothing interesting about the fight.

No chance at all? So in you're mind you're 100% positive hopkins will win?
    It's gonna be one-sided from start to finish.

Dude, Dawson has a pretty big size advantage over Hopkins:

Height advantage doesn't mean size advantage. Hopkins will most likely be heavier on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      I scored the first Dawson/Johnson fight a draw and lot of people think he should be 1-1 against Johnson.
      That's basically irrelevant if Dawson struggled with Johnson the first time or not, the point is he's fought top level guys consistently. Ortiz beat one top level guy (and if you want to talk about hyped guys Berto is the absolute definition of that).

Yes Dawson was hyped as a top P4P fighter but when he faced Pascal it was an eye-opener. The guy just doesn't have that fire in him to step on the gas when he has to. Always fights at the same rhythm no matter what. And he did struggle with Diaconu, why do you think Steward was yelling at him for?
      Steward was yelling at Dawson for the same reason he's yelled at Wlad Klitschko - to finish the show and get a KO. Even though Wlad is dominating every single round and dishing out a shutout, Steward often yells at him the final two rounds because he wants him to get the highlight reel KO i.e give the fans what they want to see. That certainly doesn't mean he struggled with the opponent.

Dawson is better than Ortiz no question but at least Ortiz likes to come forward and bang and that's why he had a puncher's chance against an older, smaller inactive fighter. Dawson is not aggressive and as skilled as he is, he ain't gonna outbox Hopkins so there's nothing interesting about the fight.
      Floyd was a what? 8-1 favorite to beat Ortiz? Ortiz had no chance going into that fight, everyone knew it. Ortiz is a guy like I said who wasn't even in the top 5 at 140 pounds, he wasn't considered very good at all. Then of course he beats berto and everything changed. That's ONE fight that got him a fight with Floyd whereas Dawson was on top of the division for years and proved his worth time and time again. His only knock is that he isn't an entertainer, he doesn't know how to give the fans what they want to see. That certainly doesn't mean he's not extremely talented.

It's gonna be one-sided from start to finish.
      As a hopkins fan I wish I could be so confident but I just don't see how that can be possible. As fast and athletic as Dawson is, who is rangy and has very good reflexes. It's going to be a very tough fight for hopkins.

Hopkins is also close to 47 years old and he's getting hit flush more than I've ever seen him get hit. I think it's foolish to think he's going to dish out a shutout. It's impossible to know if his age will finally catch up to him for one, then calculate the style of dawson and his skill set and it should be easy to see it's a tough fight.

Height advantage doesn't mean size advantage. Hopkins will most likely be heavier on fight night.
      Height advantage is a size advantage, I don't know what world you live in.
      Last edited by ИATAS; 09-27-2011, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reecockyaluss
        i see what hes saying... you wouldn't say margarito is bigger then tyson because hes about an inch taller?
        Umm they aren't in the same weight class though so that's a stupid comparison.

If you don't think Dawson has the size advantage over hopkins (who both fight at 175) I don't know what tell you.

Comment

it still hammers the point home, generally speaking, height doesnt equal a size advantage
          Please give me a reason to get rid of you.

Fan.

Comment

it still hammers the point home, generally speaking, height doesnt equal a size advantage
            Dawson is a BIG Light heavyweight. I can't believe I'm actually having this conversation that he's bigger than Hopkins (a career middleweight until the age of 41). Just trollin to troll or what?

Montiel actually weighed more than Donaire on fight night. Are you going to tell me Donaire didn't have a size advantage over Montiel??

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              Please give me a reason to get rid of you.

Fan.

Do you know who that is?

Comment

Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
                hopkins-dawson>mayweather-ortiz
                linares-demarco>vargas-lopez
                holt-garcia>alvarez-gomez
                and malignaggi-lora is about as equal as morales-cano
                cmon now!!!

Comment

Steward was yelling at Dawson for the same reason he's yelled at Wlad Klitschko - to finish the show and get a KO. Even though Wlad is dominating every single round and dishing out a shutout, Steward often yells at him the final two rounds because he wants him to get the highlight reel KO i.e give the fans what they want to see. That certainly doesn't mean he struggled with the opponent.
                  Steward was yelling at Dawson after the 6th round though. Saying stuff like "you gotta be more active, those rounds are close".

Floyd was a what? 8-1 favorite to beat Ortiz? Ortiz had no chance going into that fight, everyone knew it. Ortiz is a guy like I said who wasn't even in the top 5 at 140 pounds, he wasn't considered very good at all. Then of course he beats berto and everything changed. That's ONE fight that got him a fight with Floyd whereas Dawson was on top of the division for years and proved his worth time and time again. His only knock is that he isn't an entertainer, he doesn't know how to give the fans what they want to see. That certainly doesn't mean he's not extremely talented.
                  Ortiz had a puncher's chance. Dawson ain't even a big puncher at his weight. Ortiz was coming off a win against a top 3 WW. Dawson lost his last big fight then looked subpar against a B level guy like diaconu. What he did do to deserve a fight against Hopkins?

As a hopkins fan I wish I could be so confident but I just don't see how that can be possible. As fast and athletic as Dawson is, who is rangy and has very good reflexes. It's going to be a very tough fight for hopkins.

Hopkins is also close to 47 years old and he's getting hit flush more than I've ever seen him get hit. I think it's foolish to think he's going to dish out a shutout. It's impossible to know if his age will finally catch up to him for one, then calculate the style of dawson and his skill set and it should be easy to see it's a tough fight.
                  It's gonna be a walk in the park. Don't tell me you're one of those fans who overrate their favorite fighter's next opponent to make the victory look better than it really is...

Height advantage is a size advantage, I don't know what world you live in.
                  No height advantage and size advantage are two different things. Khan is taller than Floyd, if Khan moves up to 147 and fights Floyd who will have the size advantage?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Steward was yelling at Dawson after the 6th round though. Saying stuff like "you gotta be more active, those rounds are close".
                    Because Dawson has the problem of going to sleep at times and Manny wanted him to blow the guy away i.e score a knockout. There isn't anyone I've ever heard/read say that Dawson struggled with this guy, it was a shutout.

Ortiz had a puncher's chance. Dawson ain't even a big puncher at his weight. Ortiz was coming off a win against a top 3 WW. Dawson lost his last big fight then looked subpar against a B level guy like diaconu. What he did do to deserve a fight against Hopkins?
                    lol are you being serious right now or just trolling? Dawson was the #1 LHW for years, he lost ONE fight to pascal and now is #3. Who else is there for Hopkins to defend against, Cloud?

Besides, you have to realize it's Bernard's obligation to fight Dawson. If you recall, Dawson had the right to a rematch with Pascal, but since Pascal and Hopkins drew the first fight, Dawson stepped aside as the WBC ordered a rematch. Hopkins told Dawson he would fight him after he beats Pascal and as Hopkins said, "I'm a man of my word"

It's gonna be a walk in the park. Don't tell me you're one of those fans who overrate their favorite fighter's next opponent to make the victory look better than it really is...
                    Then I don't think you quite understand boxing. How in the hell is this going to be a walk in the park for hopkins? You are seriously underrating Dawson.

No height advantage and size advantage are two different things. Khan is taller than Floyd, if Khan moves up to 147 and fights Floyd who will have the size advantage?
                    Khan would be MOVING UP from 140 pounds, again that's a terrible comparison. Dawson and Hopkins are IN THE SAME WEIGHT CLASS. Did you not see the picture I posted? You're seriously telling me Dawson does not have a size advantage over hopkins? dawson rehydrated 15 pounds after the weigh in against glen johnson, ok, so I don't know where you get this idea he's some some average size LHW. Not only is dawson taller he will be heavier and just look at the body frames man, look at the arms etc.

Comment

nasa000 has the most logical side.

This won't be any sort of walk in the park for Hopkins, that is if he even wins this one.

I wouldn't be surprised if he loses a close but controversial(of course) decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X